Rambling on...

edited 21 April 2017 at 9:04PM in Debt free diaries
2K replies 132.1K views

Replies

• UncannyScotUncannyScot Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Quickie - Managed to get through to TSB with regards to Cash Account...
    The account would normally be frozen/closed UNLESS the Trustee/OR gives written confirmation that they have no interest in the account...
    SO... I MAY have to look for another account...

Major bummer :(
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    I can totally recommend both Nationwide and Co-op.

I use Nationwide as my main account now and OH has switched over to them now too.

Co-op again I never had any problems with but I did find their online banking very basic (This could have changed as I don't know my log in anymore :o ) but nationwide are just as good as TSB. My TSB was Llyods TSB though and I stuck with TSB when they split so don't know if that will mean my online banking differs to yours)
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Bank account update - Have been advised to go to local TSB branch and discuss my situation with them... it is possible that I will keep the account as it is a basic account with no credit facility... fingers crossed then

Charity Shop bargains :D
    Have got a nice EPSON 3 in 1 printer from my local Cancer Research for £8 YAY
    and a Dr Who moneybox too (cos I'm a fan and a big kid at heart)...
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Brilliant news! One less worry :)

Brilliant bargains too ;)
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks Hiddenidenity :D

The Dr Who moneybox is great, I may even actually put money into it too; make a £2 coin pot? :D

Hoping I can keep the TSB account, if not it will be Nationwide or Co-Op.

Enjoy your break away with the wee yins, hope the weather is fantastic for you
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • another_casualtyanother_casualty Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm halfway through page 2 but you have done so well,so far.
    You are a very intelligent man who will bounce back stronger .
    Rooting for you all the way :)
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Thank you AC :D

I am trying to stay focused, positive and happy as possible.
    I need to resolve my debt and financial situation as best as I can so that I will be able to have a life free of debt and financial worry...

If I can help other folks along the way, then I'm good with that...

Fellow travellers, I shall offer to share your burdens and offer advice, help and my hand in friendship

Rambling on... ;)
    R.I.P. T.P.
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    It's a beautiful day...

Have a great day folks :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • parsnipheadparsniphead Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I've just read your diary uncanny scot. You have had some real ups and downs. I hope everything's becomes more settled for you soon.

Re cats I have two (four last year) but to be honest I'm more of a dog person. The flipping cats keep moving in though. I dread to think how many doss down on the settee when we are in bed. I have heard the cat flap go when my two are asleep in the house. Cheeky b*ggers. We have a issue with strays locally. I hope you find the one you need, there are many who need good homes.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I am trying to stay focused, positive and happy as possible.
    I need to resolve my debt and financial situation as best as I can so that I will be able to have a life free of debt and financial worry...

If I can help other folks along the way, then I'm good with that...

Fellow travellers, I shall offer to share your burdens and offer advice, help and my hand in friendship
    It is this attitude that will get you exactly where you need to be. Enjoy your weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    Buffer savings 0/200
    Emergency fund 0/1000