car accident no win no fee -advice needed

Options
2»

Comments

• FutureGirl
    FutureGirl Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You should be able to go directly to the third party insurer, to claim for your injury. They'll send you to a medical expert themselves, rather than going through a solicitor.

Although seeing you posted this a month ago, I would assume you've made your decision on how you're going to proceed.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    I would also check whether it is 25% and then VAT on top!

With the no win no fee solicitors they cannot add vat on to the 25% success fee. (That would mean a 30% deduction, and would be illegal)

The max 25 % deduction allowed is including vat.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    interesting article above by Jamie!
    whiplash is a myth- im not sure I would agree to be fair. im a fit healthy woman. a few days after a car accident I began suffering with persistent aching in my neck that then spread to my lower back. I had a nightmare sleeping due to discomfort and went from someone who barely takes paracetamol to taking diazepam to get me to sleep and strong pain killers to be able to do my job. yes the symptoms have eased alot- but they are still there at night.
    I haven't claimed as didn't want to be seen as making a fuss over nothing. I do however feel I have suffered as a result of this accident
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure