Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

the snap general election thread

Options

Comments

• Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kinger101 wrote: »
    You can't trust these opinion polls. It will be a Plaid Cymru landslide. Trust me.

Not round here it won't be. Lots of 'Kippers returning to Labour because they can't stand the hatchet faced harridan. Of course, that could be to do with their naturally misogynistic outlook on life and the thought of the weaker sex being in charge :rotfl:
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,105 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BobQ wrote: »
    This was a choice she made, much like reducing taxes for the highly paid.
    Which I assume you were in favour of as it resulted in the total tax take increasing, allowing for more public spending.

The last 7 years have seen a massive increase in the share of total taxation paid by the richest 1% and 5% (although to be fair this is to a large extent due to the lib dem policy of large increases in the personal allowance).
    I think....
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,071 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    BobQ wrote: »
    I wonder what impact tactical voting will have on this?

UKIP are already down by a lot on that, so presumably only some in the current oppositions favour.

We'll see, but nothing is being taken for granted.
    💙💛 💔
  • wotsthat
    wotsthat Posts: 11,325 Forumite
    Options
    .string. wrote: »
    Leaders need to make decisions, not defer them at every opportunity, and sometimes that requires sticking one's neck out. I don't think Corbyn has that in him. I'm not alone in that, most of his former PLP thought so too.

I doubt a British PM has ever made a decision that couldn't have waited an hour or two.
  • GreatApe
    GreatApe Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if UKIP rather than a party for upset and angry right wing tories was more so a party that was for angry and upset ex labor voters. With Farage gone ukip went down the toilet and maybe the angry labor voters have gone back to a corbyn labor who is also saying he will go ahead with brexit and not happy that migrants are undermining local workers?

Plenty of left wing working class voters I knew were UKIPy with hate for foreign aid and migrants more so than any tories I have known.
  • Joe_Horner
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »

Can't answer or won't answer? Seems to me that question was pretty relevant to what she said they were there to discuss!
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    GreatApe wrote: »
    I wonder if UKIP rather than a party for upset and angry right wing tories was more so a party that was for angry and upset ex labor voters. With Farage gone ukip went down the toilet and maybe the angry labor voters have gone back to a corbyn labor who is also saying he will go ahead with brexit and not happy that migrants are undermining local workers?

Plenty of left wing working class voters I knew were UKIPy with hate for foreign aid and migrants more so than any tories I have known.

But Corbyn is only going to increase immigration - particularly refugees. So why would they vote for him?

He'll also be totally soft on terrorism. No shoot to kill, no Prevent.

Hug a terrorist.
  • Joe_Horner
    Options
    GreatApe wrote: »
    I wonder if UKIP rather than a party for upset and angry right wing tories was more so a party that was for angry and upset ex labor voters.

That's certainly the impression around here.
  • masterwilde
    masterwilde Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    But Corbyn is only going to increase immigration - particularly refugees. So why would they vote for him?

He'll also be totally soft on terrorism. No shoot to kill, no Prevent.

Hug a terrorist.

you realise these current terrorists all want to be shot and killed by police so that Allah can give them the 70 virgins.

not killing them presents an opportunity to arrest detain and imprison, thus taking away part of what the suicide terrorists want.

Again i qualify this but stating not those last lot in london with fake suicide vests
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport