Bott&Co Compensation Request

Hey I used Bott&co for a flightdelay compensation about a year ago, what happened was is that Bott&Co sent a letter to Ryanair about the delay and they then sent me the Aviation Terms and Conditions. Me being a student I was scared something could go wrong and decided not to sign the terms and conditions. A few weeks letter I get contacted by Ryanair saying they were sending me a cheque, a bit surprised seeing as I didn't sign the terms and conditions I thought nothing of it. It's been about a year now and Bott&co sent me an email asking if I got compensation (Which I did) and asking this:

If Ryanair Have Refused to Pay Compensation

If they have refused to pay then please provide us with the correspondence they have sent you so that we can decide whether we agree with their decision based on the evidence available. If we don't agree and we think they should pay then we will pursue the compensation claim for you where appropriate.

If Ryanair Have Agreed to Pay Compensation

If they have agreed to pay, please confirm whether Ryanair have paid you compensation and if so, how much they have paid you. This will allow us to assess whether you have been paid the full compensation that you are owed.

If you have already received payment from Ryanair or do not want us to issue court proceedings for any other reason then you must let us know by email within 14 days.

If You Do Not Respond

If you do not provide us with the above information then we will assume that your claim has not been settled by Ryanair. As you have previously instructed us to do, we will then issue court proceedings on your behalf to recover the compensation due to you.

Would they still go to court seeing as I didn't sign the Aviation terms and conditions? I'm confused as to what I should do, I know they deserve payment but me being a poor student I don't have the means to pay them. Thanks for the help.

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    35K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm confused as to what I should do, I know they deserve payment but me being a poor student I don't have the means to pay them.

Yes you do. You just give them some of the compensation you received.

You probably don't want to have to incur additional costs for them instigating unnecessary court action. That could get messy.
  • zx81 wrote: »
    Yes you do. You just give them some of the compensation you received.

You probably don't want to have to incur additional costs for them instigating unnecessary court action. That could get messy.
    How could they go to court on my behalf is what I'm wondering? I didn't sign the aviation terms and conditions nor did I issue them as my lawyers.
  • 111KAB111KAB Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    PB - suggest you just contact Bott & Co. and 'come clean'. They read these pages so, by now, they are probably fully aware of your situation and indeed may have some sympathy with same.

In my opinion they are a decent firm and they will do the decent thing.
  • Alan_BowenAlan_Bowen Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Probably not a good idea to have used your real name on here, only idiots like me do that. I expect you may be getting another letter very soon...
  • Thanks guys, yeah I will come clean, it seems like the right thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals