Second time lucky... debt free diary.

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope all is well x
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Afternoon. Busy day yesterday getting ready for back to school. Finally managed to get D'S a pair of school trousers, another £6. Also spent £20 in Mr t. 3 water bottles, a ruler, fruit, bread, muffins and a DVD.
    DVD's seem to be a huge thing at the minute since cancelling film channels, it's things the children wanted to watch in the cinema, but at about £70 a time we have to wait.

Little ones are back to school today. DS refused to get out of bed until 10, sat on the floor for a while and then spent the rest of the morning being sick. He's been out of school 9 months now and still has panic attacks about it. So having a quiet day.

Girls swimming later then I'm off to work again. Need pet foods and some more bread for lunches.

One CC payment has come out today. I've had one saying they aren't taking payment this month and the one I've transferred it too isn't taking payment until October. With those payments I should clear a good chunk of the lowest CC.

Not much else to update, all pretty quiet here.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,057 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope the quiet day helps.:grouphug:

DVDs have the added advantages of being re-watchable but taking minimal space. Well done on the debt-busting! :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Thank you. We watched a film, not very educational but they've been researching cakes to make from the film so I have a shopping list for food colouring. He's now in the kitchen with DD baking cookies. Not sure how they'll turn out, she's just shouted where's 500g and then put 250g of icing sugar in instead of 140g, she had read the amount for butter instead... so some very sweet cookies coming up!
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope DS is okay Big hugs x

Sweet cookies sound good ;)
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Cant believe how long it has been since I posted! Partly due to feeling completely exhausted and busy... But mainly not wanting to admit to all the spending this month!

I seem to have spent way too much but on the plus side, it's all came from the accounts, no cards have been used. Lots of it was just wanting nice things! and then i'd feel bad. Like our anniversary meal, we have never gone out or anything so we did buy some nice food. Kiddies have had a bit of clothing and DD has needed quiet a bit for college. Also included quiet a few yoghurts and chocolate oranges(that were for Christmas but the kiddies have already eaten 1 each)

All CC payments have been paid this month so far, just need to pay the rest of the budgeted money off the lowest card after the min payment has come out. I rang about the payment for internet protection and that's being refunded.

The new freezer has broke!! Tried to ring The company we bought it from, they didn't even answer, transferred us straight to the call centre for the brand (think it was some kind of number recognition thing). They were pretty good and someone should be out Tuesday.

Went to the bank after work today to withdraw this weeks money and it wouldn't let me have as much as it should.. I went into full blown panic! Thinking someone had cleared the account.
    Got home and logged in to find out hadn't even transferred this months grocery money over! How good was that to make it till today on the money that's been building up over the last few months.

Right better go put some washing in before I go to bed as it's supposed to be nice tomorrow.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Think August /September has been hard for everyone on here, so don't feel bad. At least you didn't use cc so a big win there .
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Hi Charlies Tribe. I was looking for your posts, but I was kind of thinking that it's September and you have 5 kids so that's probably enough to keep you very busy!
    Nice to see you posting again. Hope you can get fridge freezer sorted. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 September 2017 at 2:05PM
    Options
    Thank you both for posting. I definitely need to keep posting, I will catch up with your diaries asap. At some points I thought 'I've already messed this month up, what difference will a bit more male's.

Spending today catching up on a mountain of washing, 2 loads on line, 3rd in. Would be easier (and cheaper) if we didn't have pets/ ds wasn't in nappies as things could have a quick wash, but they need a full good wash. I've still got about 8 loads to go (2 of them are coats)

Spent an hour helping DS1 to do his CV for work experience. Seems so much more complicated now to when we did it. Wasn't anything with insurances then. Also been trying to sort DD1 everything she needs for her dbs, she has a huge lack of ID.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,057 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You've done well avoiding the CCs! I'm really impressed on the grocery spending in particular - a horrible shock turning into a nice surprise. I can remember that feeling when I thought I was well overdrawn and couldn't account for it, but when I looked properly it was that amount in credit! It had been so long since I'd been in that strong a position that I'd automatically thought I was in minus figures.
    The ID thing is a problem, I agree. We found much the same when teenagers needed references from people who'd known them a long time: that just doesn't necessarily happen nowadays. We got by with references from DS1's then girlfriend as her job makes her a suitable referee and she knows all of us, of course. Now they are married we'll have to find someone else as she's part of the family!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport