IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM ticket while parked at the allocated parking

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Car_Park_Management.html

UKCPM do not make many claims and if they do, Gladstones are beatable (we have not lost one in a year on here, AFAIK).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    UKCPM do not make many claims and if they do, Gladstones are beatable (we have not lost one in a year on here, AFAIK).

I've currently got a claim from UK CPM and a few others on here too, so looks like they're becoming more litigious
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    richy4 wrote: »
    I've currently got a claim from UK CPM and a few others on here too, so looks like they're becoming more litigious
    Many of them are, but it won't last long once DPA data misuse cases start being pursued.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    If I'm successful, I'll certainly be making a DPA claim! That's for sure.
  • Mike172
    Mike172 Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Your Managing Agents are mucking you around - THEY CAN get these cancelled and you should never have let them write 'an appeal' for you.

They need to cancel this, they are at fault for not providing any permit and then by accepting it's needed in future and buying one, you have made it look like you agree to the regime, now.

Here is a thread where someone INSISTED the PCN as cancelled by the MA.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71896526#post71896526

Better than letting it go to court and having to defend against this rip-off dross.

They will receive a piece of the pie im sure....
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
    Won:20
    Lost: 0
    Pending: 0
    Times Ghosted: 15
  • raselmahbub
    raselmahbub Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2017 at 4:48PM
    Options
    OK folks,
    Let me give you some updates.
    I have been trying to get this sorted with the letting agent as all of you suggested. So after I sent out the last email (in my post here on 03-04-2017 9:21 AM) few days letter the agency lady emailed me back..

I am currently trying to sort this out however what I am proposing is that due to the time frame in which the UKPC have given, are you in a position to cover the cost of the ticket? And then look to recover the cost from us. It seems silly to let this go on and bought to court as it is unnecessary.
    I understand your point of view, I really do and I will do my upmost to resolve this however in the meantime are you be to advise on the above?
    I look forward to hearing from you.

And my reply to that was-
    I am sorry xxxxx,

I am not in a position to pay for something which I never committed.

If you trying to resolve this, then do it quick, because I have received another letter saying that the amount is going to get higher £149 after the deadline is over.

I am not going to pay anything until I get a confirmation from you that you are going to reimburse the money after I pay it off.
    Or if you want you can pay it yourself, you have all the details required.

Additionally, I also need to know how are you going to compensate the time and mental stress you have caused me by putting me into this inconvenient and unfavorable situation.

In the meantime, can you please provide me with the contact details of the Landlord and the Managing Agent of the parking space.

I really need a quick response.

In the mean time, today I have received a letter from DRP, asking to pay £149.

I have just now received another email from the agency lady-
    I understand what you are saying however you moved in in December last year and only bought up that you didn’t have a permit when you received a ticket.

There are signs up everywhere as stated in on the letter you received advising that a permit is required to park there and by not mentioning it to me you were parking your car there at your own risk. I was not aware that you did not have a permit until now to which I got you one straight away.

If I had known sooner, I could have acted upon this quicker for you.

I have spoken to my manager and we will not be covering this cost for the ticket.

Notice, she didn't even bother to provide me the landlord and managing agents contact info.
    Also she was expecting me to read those signs and ask her to get me a permit while this was solely their responsibility to provide me with the ticket when handing over the key...I violated the rule on the very first day I parked...

Would appreciate your advice.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Would appreciate your advice.

Then you reply that you will pay this and then seek to recover the amount from them and the landlord through the Small Claims Court.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I will do my upmost

I really wish people would learn proper English and write 'utmost'.

That one annoys me every time, as does 'I did it off my own back'. NO, it's BAT. Obviously a sporting term...

Rant on spelling & grammar over!
  • raselmahbub
    raselmahbub Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks GD.
    What happens if they (letting agent) don't bother to respond.
    Does that mean I will then need to pay that £149 and go to Small Claims Court process?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Does that mean I will then need to pay that £149 and go to Small Claims Court process?
    What £149? when a person defends a claim, they don't pay the sum!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure