I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 July 2017 at 10:27AM
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    AC, are any of your debts with HSBC? I've just had an F&F accepted for 40% of the original debt...thought of you

Is that why they only give me 0.4 per cent on my ISA :mad: :rotfl::rotfl:

Actually once the house has gone through I am going to reorganise my bank accts, starting with ditching HSBC

I have banked with HSBC for 50 years........including business banking. They have had a fortune from us over the years. 0.4 per cent is an insulting "reward" for such loyalty.

On a more positive note my little £2k flutter on stocks and shares has netted me over 6 per cent in just over 4 months.

The banks and financial institutions are still making plenty of profit, no wonder they can afford to write off debts. They don't take the hit they just shamelessly fleece savers whilst lapping up stock market gains and raking it in through hedge funds.

It really is outrageous that they get away with this.

Well no more.....I am going to play them at their own game in future. I shall become a rate tart, switching and changing banks and taking their start up bribes. :rotfl:

I have been biding my time but I'm ready to strike back.
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry LL :(

My debt was First Direct (still HSBC I know).

All banks are b*****ds
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    I think banks are more likely to accept debt settlement offers and to pay out compensation for complaints because they get a fine for every single complaint that makes it to the Financial Ombudsman. And if there is evidence that they ignored someone who notified them that they were experiencing financial difficulties, the Ombudsman can order them to pay out even more.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Sorry LL :(

My debt was First Direct (still HSBC I know).

All banks are b*****ds

It's ok.....I don't blame you for negotiating your debt reduction.

You know the old adage......don't get mad, get even.

Well that's just what I intend to do.:rotfl:

Like I said......we have to get savvy and play them at their own game.

Pity I didn't learn all this stuff when I was younger.......I'd be worth millions now. :rotfl:
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I do have a chair for sitting outside if I wish LL. I've just been doing business in Poole and at the moment I will stay in the shade :)

Anna , my creditors are Barclays / Santander / mint . One or 2 have been changed to westcott . Can't remember now :)
    It's been 2 weeks since the payplan review . It will take time .
    One thing I must point out in case nobody knows.. you can get a f&f with payplan . When I hear more I'll let you know .
    Anna ...congratulations on getting a result ;)

I was in nationwide today paying the final sum to James . The cashier did mention it's worth getting better accts etc. She is good :) I was honest and said that once I got a settlement figure with payplan I will
    go for the best possible deals .

So the sun is shining and we are all happy :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Strange night sleeping . Managed to get 4 straight hours . That mean I woke up around 5am . Eventually it was a struggle to get out of it .
    I know I have things to do . Eventually , the living room is now finished bar tidying up the coffee table . I have 2 and a half crates of albums stuck in a corner . I'm contemplating getting some of those small fake leather cases to put them in and that means that they can be put anywhere . Something to think about . I got the cable tidy , so will do that when I feel right . It won't take long for me to say that the kitchen is now complete . Just a case of tidying the floor and the worktop area . The rest can wait .
    Stiff as a board again . I'll have to venture out shortly . Probably to my friends for a coffee .
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Slowly but surely you are getting there mate. You have managed so much and so well
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you sir ! ;)
    One thing I do know now, is that 6 months was too optimistic to cram everything in . A year is more realistic . Rome and a day and all that :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Well, yesterday was another miserable day due to the heat .
    I ended up doing nothing. Then again it was probably better thst way to give myself a break .
    Better sleep last night . So I managed to get up around 7am expecting a text from James as to what day I will see him - today or tomorrow . It's tomorrow . Glad really, as I need to tidy up a bit today. It should be the last I will see of him for some time .

I then decided to go to the gym, and very glad I did . The stiffness is gone for now . For some reason ,I have a slight spring in my step today.still way too sluggish from what I was , but I need continuity to get me back on track . Hopefully it's coming together .

Living room completed at last . I just need to order some cubic shelving for my lps . This would mean , the three crates can be emptied . Job done .
    The rest is still the same .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Got another 4-5 hours sleep . Woke up about 4.45am .. make that 3-4 hours sleep . Put radio on . Fell asleep around 6 am and eventually got out of bed around 7.15
    Just did a basic tidy up for James who only has 2 jobs left . Shelving and putting a board under the sink as the wall underneath is rotting away . No gym today . It's hammering down with rain as forecast .
    However , I intend to do the rest of the week . The last 2 weeks have only been for 2 days . No way near enough . No excuses for this week or next as that dead air has gone for now . This rain is overdue .

Will try to get stuff tidy once james has gone . I'm looking at my tv/ audio setup in the living room . Those set top boxes are an eyesore .
    The glass unit only has 3 shelves( if you include the top one).
    I may have to get something more tidy and suitable . The only other things I need to get are the picture frames and then I think my spending is over :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure