I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope the knee is bearable LL..How did you do it ?
    My friend sprained his ankle last week in his garden . Things happen .
    It reminded me of 3 years ago this week ( French open was on ),
    I got out of my bed at 5am my foot touched the floor and I stood on broken glass.Dont ask! I went to the nurse in the surgery . That led to me going to Teddington memorial as an emergency patient .
    Local and small, it wasn't too bad . Unfortunately , I had to go to Middlesex hospital to have an operation . That wasn't a great experience . Went in Monday , came out Weds.

I put more stuff to be recycled for tomorrow . Hopefully there's no problem . I will put more stuff in once the bin is changed/ emptied .
    ( very) slowly getting there
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    LL, that's exactly how I feel about voting this time around but I had to drag myself to the polling station. My local MP has kept his seat for the last 20 years, I don't know how because he is only visible around election time.

AC, hope you manage to get all the recycling and rubbish sorted out this week - it is a big pain when you first move in somewhere, I was lucky with moving to my current flat as we were some of the first tenants to move in to the block (it was just before Xmas) and we were able to get rid of all our boxes etc in the communal rubbish and recycling. I don't know what we'd do now because I have no idea where our local tip is or even what the protocol is with council collections from our block - I should probably find out!
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Georgina . :)
    I'll find out tomorrow . Fingers crossed it's all gone .
    I have one option already mentioned , with the skip.
    Another option would be to see if I could pay james to do a rubbish run.

We'll see:)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Poor nights sleep again . I heard the recycling men around 7.20 this morning . They emptied most of the bin. They put the large cardboard box from ontop of their bin, to ontop of the rubbish bin.
    I put 4 black bags which contain old curtains , plastic and cardboard into the empty recycle bin . Also 2 flattened cardboard boxes on the side of it . The best thing is not to put anything else in there and not upset the neighbours . It is also best to hire a skip for a day and just chuck everything that has to go into it .
    Next Friday is the ordinary rubbish. No room to put anything there , so another reason to go for a skip .
    Once that's all done , then in theory it should be a lot easier being single / 1 person waste etc.
    Fortnightly sucks
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Poor nights sleep again . I heard the recycling men around 7.20 this morning . They emptied most of the bin. They put the large cardboard box from ontop of their bin, to ontop of the rubbish bin.
    I put 4 black bags which contain old curtains , plastic and cardboard into the empty recycle bin . Also 2 flattened cardboard boxes on the side of it . The best thing is not to put anything else in there and not upset the neighbours . It is also best to hire a skip for a day and just chuck everything that has to go into it .
    Next Friday is the ordinary rubbish. No room to put anything there , so another reason to go for a skip .
    Once that's all done , then in theory it should be a lot easier being single / 1 person waste etc.
    Fortnightly sucks

Well done AC

I bet fortnighly sucks a lot less than a mortgage and london though :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • another_casualty
    Options
    You are right Anna :)

Just been to dental hygienist . A few more dental appointments and everything should be sorted. Six monthly appointments is all I should need after my next couple of treatments.
  • Worrierwalker
    Options
    Glad to see you're settling in ok AC.

I didn't vote this time for the first time ever! Really felt odd abstaining but I just didn't have faith in any of them.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey AC, can you make sure the weather's nice this week? I'm heading down your way (Swanage) later!
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks worrier:)
    Gigervamp : it's supposed to be . Have a great day !:)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 June 2017 at 1:53PM
    Options
    Well ...cant help with the sunshine here I'm afraid...dreadful day.

Question.......why are the nicest houses always just out of our price bracket?

:rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway I think I have found my house.......

I just need to look in every pocket, raid every piggy bank and look down the back of the sofa to scrape every last penny to be able to buy it. :D

Actually, I have decided what the hell - I am going to get a small mortgage so I don't have to clean out my savings to get it. So I just need to negotiate the price now.

I have already spoken to my broker and he can get me a good deal. These abysmal interest rates are death for savers but great for borrowing so I've figured I'll take advantage of a two year fix and review my options further down the line.

2nd viewing booked for Tuesday, give DS2 the chance to see it before I make an offer but I am pretty certain he will agree it's by far the best we've seen.

It's actually just a 5 minute walk from where we used to live so we know the street really well. Although it's a private road closed to through traffic we used to walk down it as a short cut to the shops. :D

It needs some TLC because the owner is 75 and has been a bit unwell so has let things slip a bit but as he was a civil engineer he has made sure that the building itself has been well maintained.

So........hopefully not too many nasty surprises. Just a fairly easy refurbishment job.

Fingers crossed I get it.

I've been busy gardening, it looks beautiful even if I do say so myself.

Re the knee........I stumbled in Helsinki whilst walking on cobbles. Managed to right myself without falling but wrenched my knee in the process. Suspected meniscal tear.

I'm seeing the consultant on Wednesday to see what needs to be done. I can weight bear and have it strapped up, doing the RICE thing. The pain has eased off quite a bit so I'm hoping the damage is minimal and I get away without surgery.

Again fingers (and toes) crossed.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport