I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,609 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So with all the voting shenanigans Thursday and yesterday it is now back to real life. What a mess!

Sorry to hear about your knee LL, how annoying. I remember the cobbles in Helsinki when we did our Baltic cruise we did a walking tour around the city. I guess if you can still walk and weight bear at least that is something. Just keep it raised and rest as much as possible - difficult I know when you have gardening and housework and places to be ;)

We have awful weather here today in Cornwall but we are looking forward to our Centre Parcs holiday in Longleat in a weeks time. Four generations from my 21 month old granddaughter to my 86 year old step dad. It will be great to see my niece and nephew there with my sister and 12 of us altogether. I hope the weather is ok for that. My OH is busy putting up new fitted wardrobes in our spare room so I am his apprentice for that :rotfl::rotfl:

Good luck with the house offer. Hope the flat is coming on ok AC.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well ...cant help with the sunshine here I'm afraid...dreadful day.
    Question.......why are the nicest houses always just out of our price bracket?
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    Anyway I think I have found my house.......

I just need to look in every pocket, raid every piggy bank and look down the back of the sofa to scrape every last penny to be able to buy it. :D

Again fingers (and toes) crossed.:rotfl:

It's always the way LL - but if it makes your heart beat fast (and doesn't make your head explode) then it sounds right. You are very level-headed so I know you won't jump without looking first (especially with that knee) but yes - the interest rates are good for borrowers. Fingers and toes crossed here.

Sounds as if you have been busy AC - hope the flat is starting to feel like home now.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hopefully this is the one for you LL. I was gonna say , best foot forward ...:) sounds like a muscle strain or slight tear . Everything crossed :)
    It's a cloudy kind of day here, but dry. A little close, but a nice breeze.

Sleeping pattern so so . Anyway , I did the first thing I did for months ..I had a bath at long last ! It took an eternity to fill , but it was what I was pining for ages . I then went for a walk to ashley cross , and found another coffee shop I had forgotten about . This one does more than just a black Americano . Proper stuff ! I then decided to visit my friend and family unannounced . Shouldn't have really but glad I did :)
    I'm now back in steptoes back yard ( my home ). I must say , the more I look at this flat , I do love it . A combination of getting my finger out and having james excellent help and guidance I'll get there :)
  • Worrierwalker
    Options
    AC- I love a bath too. Glad to hear you're loving your flat!

LL- how did the second viewing go?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Not much going on last couple of days . Yesterday, I ordered a couple of essentials : a microwave from Argos , an ironing board and a mop from wilko. Very rock 'n'roll! On a nice warm sunny day , I had to wait in till about 1 pm for the items to be delivered. It was like a cartoon: Argos kept me well informed with email and text. Wilko use d x . Funny thing was wilko and d x delivered at 12.45.argos delivered about 12.50.

I went out and got a few groceries . Then, I decided to finally register my washier dryer , my fridge freezer and my 2,dyson products the vacuum and fan. I did everything over the phone . Handy really, as I can't for the life of me find the paraphernalia for the fridge freezer. I actually put it in the fridge one day as a reminder, but of course when you badly need something ..it disappears !:)
    What is interesting and not surprising , domestic and general handle extended warranties for a cross section of many products and manufacturers. Normally, I ignore extended warranties for TVs and the like
    However, the cost of the extended warranty for both appliances that run into at least 2019 were cheap imho. The warranty for that starts immediately with the first payment due on the 1 st of the month. My choice
    Cost for fridge..£2.72 per month/ washer dryer ..£3.83 per month.

I managed to put a rubbish bag, that was beginning to smell into the bin .
    I may be able to take stuff out of the box that wasn't collected by the recycling men and put that in with the rubbish tomorrow morning.
    Bin collection this Friday I believe .

Spoke to James who gave me an update . He's still waiting for wardrobe / drawers etc which should've been delivered within 2 days. He gas got it coming in dribs and drabs . He should be here next weds , all going well.
    I have a dental consultation as to whether I could have a bridge , implant or something on Thursday .
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry AC but how long are the warranties for ? I never bother with any extended warranties
  • another_casualty
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Sorry AC but how long are the warranties for ? I never bother with any extended warranties

Hi Anna .:)
    Warranties until,Feb 2019 . I have got a 14 day cooling off period in case its a bad idea . What happens after that is i would still be covered but at an increased price . With the cover I now have ( should I choose it) is that there would be no call out charges . Parts guaranteed for 10 years for washer dryer
  • anna_1977
    Options
    OK so basically it's a 8 month warranty.... what manufacturer products did you buy as loads comes with long warranties now
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Beko fridge freezer . Hotpoint washer dryer .
    I'll look into this further incase I made a mistake .
    The good side of it is ive registered for my immediate 12 month guarantee should I cancel . In my last place in twickenham the washer dryer was guaranteed for 10 years by previous owner . I managed to get 12 trouble free years and had the pump replaced once for £80 callout charge.
  • anna_1977
    Options
    Do check what their standard warranties are - don't want to see you being ripped off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure