IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Ukcps parking charge notice

I have had a windscreen parking notice from UKCPS in February and since received 2or 3 letters from them chasing the payment. I haven't gotten in touch with them nor have I payed it, I have now received a final notice stating if I don't pay the amount owed court proceedings will go ahead and I will have to pay over £250. Do I have to pay the fee or is this a scam? Thanks

Replies

• edited 31 March 2017 at 5:25PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 31 March 2017 at 5:25PM
    In our book, this is a scam but this nasty bunch of money-grabbing ex-clampers do occasionally try a small claim, which can be defended.

Same stage as this person:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5577385

and loads of others. Come back if you need to defend a court claim.

Did you miss the NEWBIES FAQs thread at the top of the forum? There is no need to post when it's all covered there. It's lucky this was seen but far more important that you read the FAQS provided in the NEWBIES thread, which was staring at you when you hit 'New thread' instead.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals