IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

*Notice of intended court action* -CPM parking fine

edited 1 August 2017 at 6:58PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
66 replies 11.2K views
chester_mandchester_mand Forumite
51 Posts
edited 1 August 2017 at 6:58PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
****Update 01/08/17*****

I have received a court claim form. I guess i have to fill in the Defence and Counterclaim form N9B
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ioujq7xz57dt9o/edited_edited_Court%20claim.pdf?dl=0[

********************************************************************************************************************
Hi All,

I'm new to here. I've crawled through tons of threads and feeling assure that i don't have to pay up for my parking charge issued by CPM.

In the last two letters i have received from DRP aka Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, they've brought up Supreme Court ruling, where the court ruled that the parking charge was lawful to private parking fine? They've also mentioned in the letter *Notice of intended court action*, if the fine is unpaid by 05/04/2017.

I've attached all the letters that i have received in this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ytejv7snqo5nx32/AAAWx5N-xtGQWJDvwbaMPjUda?dl=0

What should i do? Should i just pay the fine? i'm so lost:cry::cry:

Many thanks,
Chester

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    The Beavis case can be used by them in very limited circumstances only, your case may not be one of them. DRP are debt collectors, they cannot take you to court.

Come back if/when you get a real LBA from a real solicitor, eoi
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • So you think i should just ignore them for now?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    So you think i should just ignore them for now?

Ignore DRP. Ignore Zenith who will be also writing to you shortly (they're the same outfit as DRP).

The NEWBIES FAQ sticky post #4 deals with this

Come back if you get anything from the PPC themselves (or Solicitors acting on their behalf) threatening court action, or court papers from the Northampton County Court (the bulk distribution centre for MCOL claims).

Are UKCPM litigious? They have become more so of late (as have many PPCs). Work out your likelihood of receiving court papers by expressing the number of UKCPM court claims against the number of tickets they've issued.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Car_Park_Management.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • I will do. Thanks Umkomaas
  • Hi Everyone,

I've received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors saying they've been instructed by Debt Recovery Plus (DRP) to recover the outstanding parking charge(s). They've also mentioned that will take legal action against me.

You can see the letter in my Profile>About

What should i do now?

Many thanks,
    Chester
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Surely it's just the one asking for money to be paid to DRP. That's just sent by DRPlus, no solicitor! Covered all over the forum.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • But the letterhead and footer are clearly stating is from Gladstones Solicitors no?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    But the letterhead and footer are clearly stating is from Gladstones Solicitors no?

A number of Solicitors pimp out their letterheads to debt recovery agents at £2 a pop, including Gladstones.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • So you think i should still ignore it and not pay up??
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    What do you think, given you've never read anyone here saying to pay?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals