DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• Quietgirl
    Quietgirl Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    I have a really silly question. I'm on a dmp with Stepchange. All is ticking along well. I was wondering if a ccj gets taken out on you does the court send them special delivery or do they just pop through the letter box in a brown envelope?

I have had a card through my door about a letter
    Which is special delivery but I'm scared to go to the post office to collect it in case it's related to my debts. Everything with Stepchange is upto date and there are no missed payments.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,895 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Quietgirl wrote: »
    I have a really silly question. I'm on a dmp with Stepchange. All is ticking along well. I was wondering if a ccj gets taken out on you does the court send them special delivery or do they just pop through the letter box in a brown envelope?

I have had a card through my door about a letter
    Which is special delivery but I'm scared to go to the post office to collect it in case it's related to my debts. Everything with Stepchange is upto date and there are no missed payments.

CCJ's don't just get "taken out".

There is a court process to follow.

Claim forms are usually sent regular post and it would normally be a big brown envelope.

No use hiding from it, It won't be a claim form, go get the letter.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • henrryyyy
    henrryyyy Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    when sending F&Fs would you send one out at a time in case two accept and you can only pay one?
  • sourcrates
    Options
    henrryyyy wrote: »
    when sending F&Fs would you send one out at a time in case two accept and you can only pay one?

Best dealing with one account at a time.

Saves confusion, and the prospect of not been able to complete the deal through lack of funds.

Thats what i`d do anyway.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Silver1982
    Options
    Hi this is my first ever post. Thinking of doing a dmp with sc or pp but big issue I have is my wage is masiffley variable because commission based and small basic. Ie one year could earn 20k more then the last or vise versa. One month come out with 2k one with 4k then one with 1.5. Any one else similar situation. Or any advice for who to use ?total debt is a lot 90 plus. I'm worried that disposable income would would worked out on average over 12 months then I have a couple of bad months and it all goes wrong. ??
  • KID77
    KID77 Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would base it on your basic salary or even a low commission month. Then save as much of your commission as possible to offer reduced settlements further down the line.

Good luck x
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Great to see some new people joining us on their DMP journeys:T. Please keep posting and asking questions, a problem shared is a problem halved as the saying goes;)

Well, at last I have some positive news on one of my CCA accounts:j. Received a letter from LINK today who have bought my 2 old MBNA accounts. This just relates to one of them with a current debt balance of around £6000. This is what it said:

We write further to your request for account documentation under Section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Unfortunately, the original creditor MBNA has confirmed that they are unable to comply with your request.

Although the account is currently unenforceable the outstanding balance remains collectable and it is acceptable for creditors to register and continue the reporting of a default

It goes on to give me the senders direct phone number for if I have any questions or queries in relation to the letter:rotfl:

I don't want to get into phone conversations with them but wonder what I need to do now please, sourcrates or anyone who has been in the same position. Obviously I'm not planning to pay anything or at most tokens payments. My credit history is shot to pieces anyway and the defaults he mentions mean nothing considering this account has been defaulted since 2013.

What does he mean by saying the debt is still collectable? I'm such a wimp, I'm terrified of repercussions of just stopping paying a debt:o

Should I write to them and explain what I'm planning to do? My aim is a great F&F a little further down the line (when I have a bit more stashed away to pay it with;)) and don't particularly want to set that in motion too soon.

Still waiting responses from the other 4 CCA requests but they are all of the same vintage as this one so I'm feeling really hopeful at long last:j.
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Hi Carboot,

It means they can't take you to court to enforce the agreement as no agreement exists.

That's it, simply write back stating you will not be making any more payments.

There's nothing they can do, once you've told them that, it's usually the last you hear from them.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thanks msers for recent sc dmp advice

thankfuly my reduced payments are agreed and going well

thats my sc dmp + natwide mtg + sky tv all reduced considerably since recently reducing work hours on a permanent basis.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Silver1982 wrote: »
    Hi this is my first ever post. Thinking of doing a dmp with sc or pp but big issue I have is my wage is masiffley variable because commission based and small basic. Ie one year could earn 20k more then the last or vise versa. One month come out with 2k one with 4k then one with 1.5. Any one else similar situation. Or any advice for who to use ?total debt is a lot 90 plus. I'm worried that disposable income would would worked out on average over 12 months then I have a couple of bad months and it all goes wrong. ??

Have a look at the debt remedy tool on the stepchange website which will give you an idea of where you are right now with everything.

All I can say is its the best thing I did to face up to it all.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport