Comments

• rae2820
    rae2820 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rick545 wrote: »
    Did you manage to sort this out as i too had a dispute with Halifax. Thanks
    Hi There ,

Not as yet-Im just at the very start of things plus ( its been frantic at work this week so no time to deal with )My plan is to call them on Saturday and follow it up with another letter too - I'll send it recorded delivery...I'm actually not massively worried ..I can only pay what I can pay ...having read all the great info and support on this forum :T

How about you have you ? have you made any requests to hold interest etc?

On a plus note I've heard from Stepchange today and my plan starts 1st September - but only paying a paltry amount of £27 to creditors until December due to priority bills...:)
    If any one is more of a newbie than me ...please DONT worry about contacting step change...I'm sure you will be feeling as relieved as I do right now and yes WHY didn't I do this sooner !:o
  • kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Wondering if I should go self managed. I've been with Step Change for almost a year and things were going great, until I was made redundant (I now have a new job but its a lot less than what I was previously on) I feel if I was Self managed I could pay smaller amounts to everyone, but also pay additional payments as and when I can to get rid of this debt quicker.
    I hate calling Step Change as they always try to push me to an IVA or even Bancruptcy which I don't feel is necessary and I don't want to do as I am studying Law so neither is an option.
    How do i go about going self managed and setting up my own payments?

You need to have a look at the NEDCAB website heres a link to it:

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

Lots of info on there relating to self managing your dmp.

I would also look back through the thread & search for self managed posts as well.

Good luck with it all. :j :j
  • rick545
    rick545 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 August 2018 at 11:39PM
    Options
    Hi. Need some help. Have a couple of letters that would help rae and anyone else with Halifax but will not let me upload them being new. Is it possible for me to send them to a board guide then maybe they upload them
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,966 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi. Need some help. Have a couple of letters that would help rae and anyone else with Halifax but will not let me upload them being new. Is it possible for me to send them to a board guide then maybe they upload them

Try and condense them as much as possible, then copy and paste to this thread.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • rick545
    Options
    Hi mate, Scanned and used tinypic.com . Found that advice on here ! Is it ok if i private message them to you to see what you think ?
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Hi mate, Scanned and used tinypic.com . Found that advice on here ! Is it ok if i private message them to you to see what you think ?

Go,on, I’ll have a look.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • rick545
    Options
    Will let me send to you but will not let me post it. Did it all arrive ?
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wondering if I should go self managed. I've been with Step Change for almost a year and things were going great, until I was made redundant (I now have a new job but its a lot less than what I was previously on) I feel if I was Self managed I could pay smaller amounts to everyone, but also pay additional payments as and when I can to get rid of this debt quicker.
    I hate calling Step Change as they always try to push me to an IVA or even Bancruptcy which I don't feel is necessary and I don't want to do as I am studying Law so neither is an option.
    How do i go about going self managed and setting up my own payments?

Do go and have a look at the NEDCAB website / DMP section as Kram has suggested. But just to add that its really very easy to go self-managed. A simple letter to your creditors will do. You'll need to copy down (or save) all the information from your SC account - I recall you can print off your account balances etc. Then just message, or speak to, SC and tell them when you plan to start your SM DMP. They'll be fine -but when they close the account, after your last agreed payment, you'll no longer have access to your online account.

When you write to your creditors you just need them to give you the sort code, account and / or reference numbers for future payments and set up the requisite standing order (not direct debit). Some might ask for an updated I&E, others might not bother - its up to you what you send -but just stick to whatever payment you've decided to make regardless of whether they agree to it or not.
  • sourcrates
    Options
    fx9g5i.jpg
  • sourcrates
    edited 17 August 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    The above letter was provided by rick545 and is a good example of what to send to a creditor who will not stop interest and charges, obviously edited to your own circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure