DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• Quick question......

I have had 2 phone calls - one from Wescot and one from Link Financial asking me to call them. I have specified in my letters re: self managed DMP that I would like communication in writing only. Do I bite the bullet and call them regarding my I&E and offer of self managed repayment or see if I can email them or do I send another letter?? Would prefer not to call them if possible but want to keep them all on board.

Any advice appreciated :)

BDFSH x
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 August 2018 at 3:06PM
    Options
    I have had 2 phone calls - one from Wescot and one from Link Financial asking me to call them. I have specified in my letters re: self managed DMP that I would like communication in writing only. Do I bite the bullet and call them regarding my I&E and offer of self managed repayment or see if I can email them or do I send another letter?? Would prefer not to call them if possible but want to keep them all on board.
    Hi, email them to say you don't want communication on the phone and reiterate that you will only accept communication in writing. Also add that if they continue to 'phone you, then you will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Hope that helps :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Hi, email them to say you don't want communication on the phone and reiterate that you will only accept communication in writing. Also add that if they continue to 'phone you, then you will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Thank you so much :)
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi, email them to say you don't want communication on the phone and reiterate that you will only accept communication in writing. Also add that if they continue to 'phone you, then you will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Hope that helps :)

Agree to pursue and reiterate the 'in writing only' but I'd suggest the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is the best place to complain about how your information such as contact details etc. are being used by companies. That does tend to get folks the outcome they seek. The ICO can fine companies for the improper use of your personal details and so tends to get their attention :)
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,993 Ambassador
    Options
    Hi, email them to say you don't want communication on the phone and reiterate that you will only accept communication in writing. Also add that if they continue to 'phone you, then you will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Thank you so much :)
    Suseka97 wrote: »
    Agree to pursue and reiterate the 'in writing only' but I'd suggest the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is the best place to complain about how your information such as contact details etc. are being used by companies. That does tend to get folks the outcome they seek. The ICO can fine companies for the improper use of your personal details and so tends to get their attention :)

Information commissionaires office deals with all issues regarding data protection as suseka points out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • debtfreegirluk
    Options
    Wondering if I should go self managed. I've been with Step Change for almost a year and things were going great, until I was made redundant (I now have a new job but its a lot less than what I was previously on) I feel if I was Self managed I could pay smaller amounts to everyone, but also pay additional payments as and when I can to get rid of this debt quicker.
    I hate calling Step Change as they always try to push me to an IVA or even Bancruptcy which I don't feel is necessary and I don't want to do as I am studying Law so neither is an option.
    How do i go about going self managed and setting up my own payments?
    Working towards a debt free life!
    DMP debt free date......a long long way away
  • rick545
    Options
    rae2820 wrote: »
    Hello everyone...
    having read through the threads i think I probably know the answer but as a new one here am seeking a bit of reassurance..:o
    I've sent of my DMP pack to Step change this week...along with letters to all creditors stating that I am in financial difficulty etc & entering a DMP with SC support...I called Halifax to explain the situation before the missed payment in addition to this...so far Ive had daily texts from them and they've heaped on interest & late charges etc taking me over the CC limit with no mention or acknowledgment of my correspondance just messages to pay now or else..( I've paid a £5 token this month) . Ive had acknowledgement from Barclaycard who say they will hold action and interest etc until 13th Sept but will default if I do not make contractual payment & acknowledge I'm working with SC ...thats fine & what I was hoping for !
    Soooo....is this to be expected from Halifax and should I just ignore ? Or should I contact them asking to hold fire and query them adding interest, even though I know they've every right too ?
    Also as 2 of the Credit cards are pre 2007 should I be asking for CCA's at this stage ?
    Sorry to be wobbling ...!

Thanks All :)

Did you manage to sort this out as i too had a dispute with Halifax. Thanks
  • torheb
    torheb Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, weve been on our dmp with SC for 15 months now but Ive just found out im pregnant, does anyone know if you are able to stop payments while on maternity leave or pay a minimum as I am the main earner and I was hoping to take 5-6 months off - I only get smp so will have a significantly reduced wage - if anyone has any experience any advice would be greatly received - thank you
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,993 Ambassador
    Options
    torheb wrote: »
    Hi everyone, weve been on our dmp with SC for 15 months now but Ive just found out im pregnant, does anyone know if you are able to stop payments while on maternity leave or pay a minimum as I am the main earner and I was hoping to take 5-6 months off - I only get smp so will have a significantly reduced wage - if anyone has any experience any advice would be greatly received - thank you
    First off congratulations on your news.

You just tell stepchange you are reverting to token payments until further notice, and tell them why, thats it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Suseka97 wrote: »
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Information commissionaires office deals with all issues regarding data protection as suseka points out.

Thank you both :) Really appreciate everyone's advice and support.

BDFSH x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport