DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• selinek
    selinek Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Ooh that's interesting. Well done.:T Ours were all defaulted before being sold to L*nk. So I am imagining they will stay on the CF for the 6 years. Still waiting to hear from L*nk regarding CCA requests. Wrote on 31 Jan and not even had an acknowledgement, despite a second letter to check it they had received it.

I have 3 with link. CCA went in last September 17. Not any acknowledgement from them either. Had the statement of account but nothing else. As it stands all 3 are UE. I will let nature take its course and respond if I need to.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi cbc,

With my groundhog day ue debt I ended up writing to everyone as it kept getting passed around so maybe do both from the start!

Puzz

Thanks, Puzz:T

Have done as you suggest and posted them both this afternoon:j
  • Danny008
    Danny008 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve just had my first debt which has been sold on. Can the DCA taking over still add interest while I’m still saving my EF.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,987 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Danny008 wrote: »
    I’ve just had my first debt which has been sold on. Can the DCA taking over still add interest while I’m still saving my EF.

Debt collection agencies/debt purchasers can only add interest if the original agreement allows them to do so.

Most agreements do not allow for this.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Daisypop
    Daisypop Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 March 2018 at 10:24PM
    Options
    Hi guys need your help.
    Had a debt with shop direct (Very) and debt passed to Arrow Global. Debt never defaulted and paid off in 2015 so will be on my record for 6 years from then.
    I contacted Arrow who have basically said they have not defaulted as I never missed a payment but I should have contacted Shop direct shouldnt I? If passed to Arrow should it be classed as defaulted? My credit report says DM because of the DMP.
    How can I get it changed? Contact Shop Direct? Should it not be automatically defaulted and marked as that by Arrow? I do not know how to approach it but need to sort it. All others defaulted me in 2012 when DMP started so want it backdating .
    Credit report says account start July 2012 but only starts from March 2013 and says ok up until Feb 2014 then is marked DM. This could be when it was passed to Arrow but I dont know.
    Thanks for any help.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Danny008 wrote: »
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Debt collection agencies/debt purchasers can only add interest if the original agreement allows them to do so.

Most agreements do not allow for this.

Has the debt definitely been sold or is the DCA just collecting for the original creditor. That does happen sometimes :(
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Summer12 wrote: »
    ....... auto reply from AAD no one around for 2 weeks to look at returned CCA replies....

Sorry to hear that when you were all primed ready to go:(

Can I ask, did this message appear when you actually tried to submit scans to Niddy or at some other stage? Did they give a date when normal service will be resumed? I've been on the site and haven't seen this message yet. Still need to scan my paperwork, am having so many ongoing problems with my scanner software:mad:. Don't want to waste time on it this weekend if there's no immediate point.

As for your other points, please try not to worry.
  • Zerodebtsoon
    Options
    So we’ ve bitten the bullet today and gone self managed after being with Stepchange for 3 years. Stepchange have been advised by email. We’re overseas so I emailed the 2 creditors I had email addresses for ( prat and rob*ns*n way) advising we’re going self managed and including a revised financial statement and new offer of (much lower) payments. I also attached a PDF copy of the CCA request letter that I’ve said will be posted to them this week with the required £1 fee.
    I don’t have contact details for the other two creditors as have had no correspondence from them since we moved - Stepchange should be able to provide an address to me I guess though ? That or I’ll google their debt recovery department and call for an address next week.
    At first i worried about rocking the boat as the dmp with Stepchange had always run smoothly. But now we’ve done it I feel quite liberated :T
  • NewbieNat
    NewbieNat Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have posted previously about Very. My BNPL is only £100, If I delay my DMP for 6 months I can pay the whole balance off and be rid of them.To do this I would tell my other creditors I will pay a token £1.00 each for the 6 months. Do they have to accept this without seeing my I & E? How do I approach SC? Do nothing for 6 months & then start the plan, or tell them I'll start in 6 months? The way I see it if I pay off Very, there will be more money in the pot to pay the others. Also will the creditors not be agreeable to delaying the DMP?

Sorry so many questions, but I need an action plan!
  • Jeff78
    Options
    Hi all

New to dmp and it’s just set up for April. I have just my loan on my dmp as cannot afford the repayments due to income dropping. I have a credit card on 0% which I haven’t added and a catalogue which amount is low. I didn’t want to add these as managing ok. Will this effect my dmp ? Can SC and Tesco know about of debts you haven’t mentioned ?

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport