Comments

• January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »
    \

Hi January,

Yes it was. They debt with Barclaycard was with PRA. They sent me a letter stating they were unable to provide all the documents requested to complete my request and are awaiting further documents. We are currently deeming this debt unenforceable.
    They may come back with the rest of the documents but nothing so far. That was mid May.
    I'm just hoping no news is good news!

I haven't done this before so not sure if they are likely to produce the correct CCA's but reading other threads there seem to be quite a few that are unenforceable with PRA.
    Good Luck !

I won't hold my breath for my BC account then - my account is from 2008 and from this time period they can provided reconstituted version of the credit agreement from the information they hold on me. They don't need to provide a copy with a signature box/signature. They have provided exactly this.... reconstituted stuff. I'll keep investigating though.

Thanks for getting back to me.

:beer:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • heavenlyharry01
    Options
    Fantastic post January - helps keep everything in perspective especially when feeling overwhelmed and wobbly!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you mean my post - thank you kindly :beer:

If you mean someone elses.....which one :D

Seriously - throughout the first year of my DMP I was learning from yourself and Sourcrates mostly, but some others as well. I cannot thank you enough for the brilliant, continuous advice.

Kick !!! post Jan, you have done everything the right way.

Don't allow creditors to dictate the terms, you do that.

I am so pleased at the way you have taken this all on your shoulders, you have done everything correctly, I am so pleased how things are working out for you.

This is the way to deal with debt, no need to be scared of it, this is how you tackle it !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Kick !!! post Jan, you have done everything the right way.

Don't allow creditors to dictate the terms, you do that.

I am so pleased at the way you have taken this all on your shoulders, you have done everything correctly, I am so pleased how things are working out for you.

This is the way to deal with debt, no need to be scared of it, this is how you tackle it !!!

Thanks Sourcrates. Those thanks go massively to you as well.

DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'd like to add my thanks to January too for the brilliant post which says all anyone needs to know:T

I also want to add my thanks to sourcrates too for all his great and patient advice on all debt topics that anyone comes up with:T

But I've also learned something or taken encouragement from so many others, sometimes newbies who, maybe just by a phrase or sentence within a longer post, have given me cause to re-think, set me off on a new approach or made me feel reassured that I'm doing things right. A massive thank you to everyone who takes the time to post on this wonderfully supporting thread. You are all :A
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in and add to the 'Thanks' posts :T:T:T

It definitely is motivating posts such as the recent one from January2015 that has galvanised me to tackle my debts myself and move to a self-managed DMP. Today is DDay for me - the last payment I'll ever make via StepChange has just left my bank account.

I feel absolutely ready for this and have my CCA template letters at the ready. It's taken me 4+ years to realise I can handle this myself. I admit SC was a lifesaver back in the day and to those just starting out with a 'managed' DMP - that's a great thing. But as I've said before, I wish I'd kicked my butt into gear and gone down the self-manage route well before now.

I had no clue about the enforceability or not of debts until a few weeks back - a lightbulb moment brought about by the good folks on here, such as Sourcrates, January2015 and Julie67 to name but a few. Also thanks to January2015 I've subscribed to the AAD site and there is masses of really useful info about UE's on there - whoop :j

I'll keep folks posted about how I get on - my first stab at this will be to CCA the PRA Group who hold 3 of our accounts. I am thinking of CCA'ing Link Financial -but not sure about that yet because they've not defaulted 2 of the 3 accounts they hold (have no clue why, but there it is). So don't want to rock that boat yet! Might be worth it though as long as they can't then slam a big old 'D' on the credit file -which would be okay as long as they have to backdate to when we stopped making the agreed scheduled payments back in 2013.

As January2015 has said - I'm too am taking control of my own debt-free destiny and am prepared to play hard-ball from this point onwards.

Now off to get me a cup of tea and start on those templates. Wish me luck :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Suseka97 wrote: »
    Just wanted to jump in and add to the 'Thanks' posts :T:T:T

It definitely is motivating posts such as the recent one from January2015 that has galvanised me to tackle my debts myself and move to a self-managed DMP. Today is DDay for me - the last payment I'll ever make via StepChange has just left my bank account.

I feel absolutely ready for this and have my CCA template letters at the ready. It's taken me 4+ years to realise I can handle this myself. I admit SC was a lifesaver back in the day and to those just starting out with a 'managed' DMP - that's a great thing. But as I've said before, I wish I'd kicked my butt into gear and gone down the self-manage route well before now.

I had no clue about the enforceability or not of debts until a few weeks back - a lightbulb moment brought about by the good folks on here, such as Sourcrates, January2015 and Julie67 to name but a few. Also thanks to January2015 I've subscribed to the AAD site and there is masses of really useful info about UE's on there - whoop :j

I'll keep folks posted about how I get on - my first stab at this will be to CCA the PRA Group who hold 3 of our accounts. I am thinking of CCA'ing Link Financial -but not sure about that yet because they've not defaulted 2 of the 3 accounts they hold (have no clue why, but there it is). So don't want to rock that boat yet! Might be worth it though as long as they can't then slam a big old 'D' on the credit file -which would be okay as long as they have to backdate to when we stopped making the agreed scheduled payments back in 2013.

As January2015 has said - I'm too am taking control of my own debt-free destiny and am prepared to play hard-ball from this point onwards.

Now off to get me a cup of tea and start on those templates. Wish me luck :)

You're not alone in taking your time to start off down the self-managed route, Suseka. It took me 4 years too:o

You mentioned Link and I have 2 accounts administered by them, both MBNA credit cards taken out in the late 1990s. One has come back as unenforceable, the other sadly not. I'm baffled as to why this should be but am working on it;)

Also, we definitely do wish you the luck you asked for:beer:
  • heavenlyharry01
    Options
    Hello

So, one of our debts has been sold! It's the MBNA one and has been sold to PRA group. MBNA had previously agreed to my £1 payment so I've just cancelled the standing order and set up one to PRA for the same amount.
    I had also requested my CCA from MBNA, so I have written to PRA and told them the above.

Any other advice?
    Many thanks
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello

So, one of our debts has been sold! It's the MBNA one and has been sold to PRA group. MBNA had previously agreed to my £1 payment so I've just cancelled the standing order and set up one to PRA for the same amount.
    I had also requested my CCA from MBNA, so I have written to PRA and told them the above.

Any other advice?
    Many thanks

If it dates from before April 2007, then you might just be lucky harry.
    Although, from memory, i cant remember if you have told us this or not.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • heavenlyharry01
    Options
    Unfortunately not...most of our debts are fairly recent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure