Threatening seller!

Options
Long story short didn't receive an item, I waited until the end of the Amazon's window which was 12 days after I bought the item.

I sent him a polite email asking him to confirm if it was sent and he was very rude, sending me a message stating Royal Mail take 15 working days and provided me a copy of the receipt which showed the item was sent 2nd class standard. I replied stating that my contract is with him, not Royal Mail and I had waited 12 days which is a long time to wait for an item in the UK. I asked him if he could either send the item or provide a refund.

He rudely emailed back accusing me of lying and was very threatening then said how my local delivery office have my parcel, which is not true. I ignored him and reported him to Amazon, he has since sent a further two messages claiming that he will report me to Royal Mail investigations and more threats. Do I need to report this guy to the police? This guy seems really scary in his manner, I feel like he is going to turn up at my house and stab me!
No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T

Comments

• Walter92
    Walter92 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Just report to Amazon and ignore him.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    catmiaow wrote: »
    my local delivery office have my parcel, which is not true.
    Have you actually checked? They don't always bother to leave a calling card.
  • catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    Have you actually checked? They don't always bother to leave a calling card.

I have been in every day, so I doubt I missed any parcels but I still phoned the delivery office but it's constantly engaged. I then phoned customer services and they said they couldn't tell me where the parcel was because it's not tracked, but they will contact the delivery office and tell them to redeliver if anything was there.
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been in every day, so I doubt I missed any parcels but I still phoned the delivery office but it's constantly engaged. I then phoned customer services and they said they couldn't tell me where the parcel was because it's not tracked, but they will contact the delivery office and tell them to redeliver if anything was there.
    Ask the seller why he thinks it's at a delivery office. If he is a business seller he might be using the new Royal Mail 2D barcodes. I had a customer asking where a parcel was recently and putting the barcode number in RMs Track & Trace showed it was at a delivery office. The postman had not bothered leaving a card.
  • catmiaow
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ask the seller why he thinks it's at a delivery office. If he is a business seller he might be using the new Royal Mail 2D barcodes. I had a customer asking where a parcel was recently and putting the barcode number in RMs Track & Trace showed it was at a delivery office. The postman had not bothered leaving a card.

He said on his second message that he contacted the delivery office, so why did he contact the delivery office if he can just trace it online?

His first message was about the 15 working days from Royal Mail, so again he could have saved time by just telling me that it's at the delivery office in the first place. I don't really want to message him anymore, he is quite aggressive and Amazon have advised me not to contact him again either and they refunded me this evening. I advised them I would get in touch with them if the item turns up.

• lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    He said on his second message that he contacted the delivery office, so why did he contact the delivery office if he can just trace it online?
    If he's not using the 2D barcodes then he can't trace it online!

Phoning the DO is a valid alternative. I have done that in the past. I guess you need to speak to DO in case the seller is telling the truth.
  • catmiaow
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If he's not using the 2D barcodes then he can't trace it online!

Phoning the DO is a valid alternative. I have done that in the past. I guess you need to speak to DO in case the seller is telling the truth.

So they can't really confirm it's there then? What I don't get is I haven't missed a post day for weeks so surely it would have been delivered.

The number is constantly engaged, I am waiting for a courier delivery tomorrow so I will pop in when I can and double check! If so I will contact Amazon, not dealing with that guy again!

• lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So they can't really confirm it's there then?
    I don't think you're following what I'm saying.

IF he uses 2D barcodes then they can show if it's at a DO.

IF he's NOT using 2D barcodes (which sounds like is the case) then it's irrelevant to this situation.

IF he's phoned the DO and asked them to see if they are holding anything for your address they might have told him yes if it's there. Every DO I have ever got hold of has been happy to look for me.
  • catmiaow
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think you're following what I'm saying.

IF he uses 2D barcodes then they can show if it's at a DO.

IF he's NOT using 2D barcodes (which sounds like is the case) then it's irrelevant to this situation.

IF he's phoned the DO and asked them to see if they are holding anything for your address they might have told him yes if it's there. Every DO I have ever got hold of has been happy to look for me.

I see, never heard of them. Still you would expect his first response to be that one. I am waiting for other things, so they might have told him yes and it's regarding the other things awaiting delivery. Will have to check!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure