Marston High Court Officer visited...!

stamina9008 Posts: 319 Forumite
edited 23 March 2017 at 12:04AM in Water bills

Really scaring me, a muscular man came knocking at the door and wouldnt leave.
I have a 20 month old son, live in council accommodation, single father and scared.
So busy and now this extra stress.
Im not behind with any other bills, but cannot afford to pay this in a lump sum.
What can these people do?
I didnt let him in and he said that next time he comes out there is a £600 call out charge, so everytime he has to come back he adds £600 to the bill!
Im getting depressed over this.
I know i should have kept up payments but my son had been ill and i'd been staying with the mother for a while until he got better.
Now im faced with this...
im sorry


  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I have little knowledge on these matters but this looks like a Debt Collection Agency(DCA) 'try-on' and not a court order.

    I suggest you post in the Debt free Wannabe section of this forum for advice.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    It's a small water bill that has been through the county court and then escalated to the High Court so that it can be aggressively enforced by a HCEO.

    I have commented on this on the OP's post on the debt-free wannabee board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards