B&Q appalling customer service

Options

Comments

• loftykins
    loftykins Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    even the damage to the tongue on the board is consistent with improper fitting. If the boards had pulled apart the tongue would be pulled away from the board, their pics clearly show them being pushed towards the board and show they have been forced together.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I think spending £10 on a SAR would achieve very little in this case. It's doubtful any recording would have been made.

There may well be a recording as the OP said they called customer service (by which I'm assuming they mean a central call centre rather than branch, but it's just an assumption) but I completely agree with you that it would achieve little.

I was more pointing out to the OP that there is a proper way of requesting such information should it exist, and it usually has to be addressed to a legal department or likewise as general CS wouldn't have the ability or authority to act on such a request.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Problem is that they are improperly fitted and by taking them up the installation was not available for inspection.

You did everything wrong so in this case B&Q have done nothing wrong. You really should update you FB to state you are withdrawing your complaint due to a botched installation.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    You did everything wrong so in this case B&Q have done nothing wrong. You really should update you FB to state you are withdrawing your complaint due to a botched installation.
    I doubt very much anything will be updated by the OP, including this thread!

Happy to be proven wrong... :)
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I agree with the others that from the photos it appears the floor has been installed incorrectly rather than it being faulty.

If the OP still believes it is genuinely faulty, then they are wasting their time trying to escalate this with B&Q. They need to get an EXPERT (floor fitter) to verify and write a statement stating the floor has been installed correctly and is faulty then send a letter before action.

B&Q are the masters of fobbing people off until you give up!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Acpike123
    Acpike123 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    All done properly I got a friend who's a professional to come check that I was fitting it correctly, he confirmed and faulty boards.

Done all this before contacting customer service.

Treatment by them since has been appalling, they keep telling me that they are closing my complaint at every opportunity. They do not know how to treat customers!!
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But your profession floor fitting friend didn't even know that the boards shouldn't be stacked vertically?

Really now 100% that is fitting error and like I said I can completely understand how it has happened because I really do have the exact same flooring and really struggled with laying it despite knowing what I'm doing.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Acpike123 wrote: »
    they keep telling me that they are closing my complaint at every opportunity.

Yes, because they have judged the fault to be yours, not the products. That is their final position so what would be the point in them escalating the complaint? Their response won't change.

As has been said, you now need to disprove that by getting a professional report to back you up.
  • loftykins
    loftykins Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Acpike123 wrote: »
    All done properly I got a friend who's a professional to come check that I was fitting it correctly, he confirmed and faulty boards.

Done all this before contacting customer service.

Treatment by them since has been appalling, they keep telling me that they are closing my complaint at every opportunity. They do not know how to treat customers!!

what did your friend say the fault was?
    was every board faulty?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    loftykins wrote: »
    what did your friend say the fault was?
    was every board faulty?
    I wouldn't employ his friend to lay any of my laminate flooring, "professional" or not!

I hope the OP doesn't think his expert opinion will sway the retailer. He'll need an independent report, not one from his mate...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure