IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC 'Driver left site'

Options
12346»

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    1) Start your own thread! As the rules told you to, the ones you cliecked and didnt read
    2) Newbies thread is on PAGE ONE of this forum, again, wher eyou have just been . Dont search, just go back one step to the front page, and find the really obious thread.
  • Sam_1981
    Options
    I faced a similar situation of 'driver left the site' notice by UKPC and thanks to this forum they had to cancel it.

I had parked my car in the car park which still had lots of empty spaces and went to cash machine - did not realize that this came under - 'driver left the site' crazy rule made by UKPC.

When I returned within 10 mins I saw the notice pasted on my car. I quickly went to the shop at site, made a 5 pound purchase and slammed the bill along with the advice based on this forum to UKPC. The result was after few days they sent me a notice that my Parking Charge has been cancelled in full. This also proves they have no cameras installed at the site and will give up if you are willing to fight.

So, this is a scam and people should fight against it.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    did not realize that this came under - 'driver left the site' crazy rule made by UKPC.
    ....... as another excuse to fleece drivers for every penny they have.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 April 2018 at 9:37PM
    Options
    Sam_1981 wrote: »
    I faced a similar situation of 'driver left the site' notice by UKPC and thanks to this forum they had to cancel it.

I had parked my car in the car park which still had lots of empty spaces and went to cash machine - did not realize that this came under - 'driver left the site' crazy rule made by UKPC.

When I returned within 10 mins I saw the notice pasted on my car. I quickly went to the shop at site, made a 5 pound purchase and slammed the bill along with the advice based on this forum to UKPC. The result was after few days they sent me a notice that my Parking Charge has been cancelled in full. This also proves they have no cameras installed at the site and will give up if you are willing to fight.

So, this is a scam and people should fight against it.

Well done that you understood the UKPC scam

Want a real good laugh ????? YES ??

Look at their web site and this page ....
    http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/carpark-management

IT SAYS ....
    "Within the parking industry there are some unscrupulous operators with untrained staff who have given the parking management industry a bad reputation and a poor image."

Unscrupulous ..... HAHAHA ???
    UKPC INVENTED THE WORD Unscrupulous

The very same company who were caught out faking
    pictures and hiding behind wheelie bins ?

UKPC live in the clouds ... all that's needed is a google
    search and anyone can see all about the UKPC RUBBISH

Leaving site claim ???? DO GROW UP UKPC
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure