IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC 'Driver left site'

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Leaving site is probably an unfai term anyway. Supposing the driver was knocked down and taken away in an ambulance
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    SamPerry wrote: »
    According to the letter it's The Apex, sheriffs orchard, CV1 3PP
    Oh, I know exactly where that is ;)

Also, that's different to the address used on a phishing email sent by other scammers pretending to be UKPC, but less than half a mile away as the crow flies :)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Leaving site is probably an unfai term anyway. Supposing the driver was knocked down and taken away in an ambulance
    It wouldn't stop them - and they'd probably have a pop at the ambulance too. It's not as though it would be the first time a private parking company saw a money making opportunity by ticketing an emergency vehicle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parking-fines-issued-ambulance-fire-6095576
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2017 at 4:45PM
    Options
    It is hardly a "money making opportunity" when it attracts this sort of unwelcome publicity. Hospital car parking charges are a contentious issue at the best of times, Trusts are already under fire for killing babies, they do not need antagonise the public thusly.

trying to charge someon for putting an "0" instead of an "O" is never going to be B2oY
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    It wouldn't stop them - and they'd probably have a pop at the ambulance too. It's not as though it would be the first time a private parking company saw a money making opportunity by ticketing an emergency vehicle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parking-fines-issued-ambulance-fire-6095576
    Blooming 'eck - I know we have local closures, but an ambulance having to go from Berkshire to Warrington is a bit OTT!
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    It is hardly a "money making opportunity" when it attracts this sort of unwelcome publicity. Hospital car parking charges are a contentious issue at the best of times, Trusts are already under fire for killing babies, they do not need antagonise the public thusly.

trying to charge someon for putting an "0" instead of an "O" is never going to be B2oY

You're making the assumption that the parking drongo can intellectualise the issues. He won't give a flying f*ck, just as long as he can unload a ticket.

Not your normal leaning towards scepticism, TD. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Leftycc
    Options
    I had a similar situation to the original poster: a UKPC charge notice claiming the driver had left the site at a out of town shopping complex. The photographic evidence supplied on their website just showed an empty car and then a photo of a parking information sign.

Based on the advice on this post and the 'Newbie' thread called: **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! -- Sorry I can't post the actual URL

I sent the stock response for BPA members (written in blue on the thread) at about day 26 after the ticket was issued via their online appeal form.

I was delighted to receive an email a few days ago apologising for the inconvenience and informing me that the charge had been cancelled.

Thank you so much to all of you, really appreciate it. Also as a bit of advice to anyone who needs to appeal in a similar way, be careful when you copy the text into the appeal form, I almost sent the whole thread which I imagine may have resulted in a different outcome!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done, easy wasn't it?! Glad it worked again.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DWylie1982
    Options
    Hi all,

I received two (yes 2) of these in the post today, stating the "vehicle owner/driver2 left site. Having seen thread this thread it appears I have good grounds for appeal and a NEWBIE thread is being referenced. Does anyone have a link to this thread to help me?

I also think I may get a few more of these in the post soon (lots of people use this car park as its close to work but appears they are now trying to get people this way). Can I appeal more than one occurrence??

Thanks in advance
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Does anyone have a link to this thread to help me?
    It's just one page back from this one. Click on your 'Back' button ( < ) to take you to the forum thread list and the NEWBIES FAQ sticky is one of the 4 permanently pinned to the top of the forum.

Anything further you need after reading the sticky, please start a new thread of your own so that you get bespoke advice about your tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport