Combi Bolier on the blink

Options
My Combi Bolier (Chaffetoux) has again gone on the blink, 3rd time in succesive years, and last year the repair man, said that it was probably on it's last legs, therefore I am seeking some advice on how much a new Combi Bolier would be, I have a guy form British Gas coming in to give me some quotes, but would really appreciate some advice, on what anyone would have to give.
For the Record I have a 3 bedroomed house, with Radiators in every room, and does anyone recommend a good Boiler Make, and if it's just a replacement Boiler I need, How much should I expect to Pay, Thanks for looking.
Andy

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    One of the problems that most of us encounter when changing a boiler is that the regulations have changed a great deal in very recent years and in most cases it is not a straight 'one for one' replacement. The regulations of the flue, supply, ventilation etc etc are far more stringent and a Corgi registered fitter cannot turn a blind eye to these regulations.

I have little doubt BG will be the most expensive quote. They always seem to insist on the radiators being flushed at huge extra expense. They say it is essential - I have no idea if this is accurate or a sales ploy?

The trouble with recommending a make of boiler is that an excellent manufacturer of 10 years ago might be rubbish now(and vice versa) and you will only find out in a few years time.

Sorry for a negative post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport