18185 invoice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
18 replies 1.9K views
notbritishgasnotbritishgas Forumite
2.3K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Hi, A little bit of help please. About 2 months ago finally decided to ditch BT for calls and sign up to 18185. No problems, all went smoothly and have been using them since. However my first invoice has appeared on my account dated 22 sep. There is nothing on it to say they will take it by DDebit (The method I signed up for) neither have I received an email.The invoice is just sitting there, what happens now? Thanks.

Replies

• HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I'd check your correct e-mail address is recorded against your account. Then, I'd check your payment details are recorded as being by DD (and that the bank details etc. are correct). You can check both of those online.

I always get the 'Invoice' e-mail from 18185 with the sentence "This invoice will automatically be debited on or immediately after xx-xx-200x" included.

The date they specify for the DD to be taken is normally about 8 days after the date of the e-mail but the actual DD is frequently taken a few days later than that.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • notbritishgasnotbritishgas Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for swift reply Heinz. My details on my account page of 18185 are correct. The DD is showing on my bank account as being registered (obviously no payment made yet) so that is no problem.
    Is the email generated at the same time as the invoice appears on my account page. Does the invoice stay on that page forever or does it go when paid? Thanks again.
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for swift reply Heinz. My details on my account page of 18185 are correct. The DD is showing on my bank account as being registered (obviously no payment made yet) so that is no problem.
    Is the email generated at the same time as the invoice appears on my account page. Does the invoice stay on that page forever or does it go when paid? Thanks again.
    I can't be sure of the first question but the last 6 invoices remain on your account page. I, for example, can currently still view my 02/11/2006 invoice/calls list.

The only other possibility is the e-mail has been filtered as spam by your e-mail account. ISTR that used to happen with aol.co.uk e-mail addresses.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • 10_6610_66 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, A little bit of help please. About 2 months ago finally decided to ditch BT for calls and sign up to 18185. No problems, all went smoothly and have been using them since. However my first invoice has appeared on my account dated 22 sep. There is nothing on it to say they will take it by DDebit (The method I signed up for) neither have I received an email.The invoice is just sitting there, what happens now? Thanks.

I have problems with their emails too (in that I don't receive them). I have checked all of my details and they're correct, I've added their email address to my safe list (just in case the emails were being filtered out before receipt), I've added their email address to my contacts list. 18185 say they're sending them and I've even tried re-sending their email from the log-in page (there's a facility for you to re-send them to yourself) and I'm still not receiving them. I've asked them if there's anything else I can do, but they haven't replied, so I'm guessing there isn't. They are, however, taking the payments by DD.
  • I get the Emails OK from them using a freeserve account.

But I can't get into Primus billing.
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    10_66 wrote: »
    I have problems with their emails too (in that I don't receive them). I have checked all of my details and they're correct, I've added their email address to my safe list (just in case the emails were being filtered out before receipt), I've added their email address to my contacts list. 18185 say they're sending them and I've even tried re-sending their email from the log-in page (there's a facility for you to re-send them to yourself) and I'm still not receiving them. I've asked them if there's anything else I can do, but they haven't replied, so I'm guessing there isn't. They are, however, taking the payments by DD.
    Good morning, My email is with Tiscali, anyone else having problems receiving from 18185?
    Just had a thought, the invoice is only for £1.51, does that make a difference?
    10_66 do not understand your resending the emails to your self, cannot find any way of doing it on 18185 login or any other page.
  • do not understand your resending the emails to your self, cannot find any way of doing it on 18185 login or any other page.

Think he means this:

DELETED PIC
  • 10_6610_66 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a thought, the invoice is only for £1.51, does that make a difference?
    10_66 do not understand your resending the emails to your self, cannot find any way of doing it on 18185 login or any other page.

I've had £1.50 taken by DD, so I shouldn't think the amount's the reason.

The above item by BritBrat shows what I meant by re-sending yourself the email. After logging into your account and selecting the invoices page, if you click on the envelope symbol next to itemised calls, it's supposed to re-send the email with the bill attached, but this hasn't worked for me. I'm just saving (& printing) the invoices from the website instead.
  • Yeah I just tried it and it never sent one to me, but I normally get the Mail OK.

Maybe they have a problem.
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks both, I tried the envelope and it did not send me an email either. Oh well I will just wait to see if they eventually take the money.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support