'Forced' work from Job Center.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• mattcanary
    mattcanary Posts: 4,420 Forumite
    Options
    Londonsu wrote: »
    Pleasure?? now I have hard it all, I am really glad the homeless charity I work for is able to recruit volunteers who want to give their time even when they have already worked for 40 plus years and in many cases still pay tax, I shudder to think what my job would be like having to deal with bitter, entitled benefit claimants who would rather my charity went to the wall then doing a bit of work.

I too was a volunteer, gave up my time willingly when I was out if work for 6 months , that led to my paid job and due to the fact that I trebled the takings of my shop in the first year have been promoted twice in the 2 1/2 years I have worked for them.

Surely a charity should be focused on offering the best service for the service users.
    Forcing people that don;t want to be there to help, is certainly not the way to achieve that.

Which is what workfare is.
    Entirely different to someone volunteering for a charity. What you have referred to is irrelevant to the OP's original post.
  • Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    mattcanary wrote: »
    Surely a charity should be focused on offering the best service for the service users.
    Forcing people that don;t want to be there to help, is certainly not the way to achieve that.

Which is what workfare is.
    Entirely different to someone volunteering for a charity. What you have referred to is irrelevant to the OP's original post.

WAS it doesn't exist any more

Yes it different as I pointed out already volunteers give up their time through choice people on the old workfare had people who were bitter about doing anything for their benefit money, no good for the charity and no good for the people who worked with them.

BTW it is relevant because I am talking about attitude
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    I'd expect that most people don't volunteer 35 hours a week. Why should people have to work 35 hours a week for 73 pounds?

Who gets the best deal?
  • BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 March 2017 at 1:28PM
    Options
    mattcanary wrote: »
    How much tax people pay does not bear a close resemblance to how hard they work!
    Amazing how many fools believe this to be the case.

When where and how did I say it did?

I do work hard always have. I work 12-14 hours a day. Have not had a holiday in over 8 years let alone more than 2 days at a time ( that was Christmas ) . I have never suggested that effort = amount of tax. If it did I would like to think that I would be a millionaire.

Our office cleaning lady is one of the hardest working women I know. I have cleaned toilets. I have waited on. I have sold I have done many roles and I have always tried my hardest. I have always paid tax.

No matter how much you pay you still have the right to have an opinion on how your money is spent.

I think it is more amazing that fools don't read the posts before posting. ! Or that even bigger fools read into posts meaning and connotations which are not there.

As you could not understand my last post and as connotations is a "long " word that most "fools" may not understand ....

connotation

NOUN

1An idea or feeling which a word invokes for a person in addition to its literal or primary meaning.
    ‘the word ‘discipline’ has unhappy connotations of punishment and repression’
    mass noun ‘the work functions both by analogy and by connotation’
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family