We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Monday 13 March 2017

2

Comments

  • Morning chums,

    Lovely morning here. Nicest it's been for quite a while - nothing but blue skies.

    The weekend just goes in too quickly. I went and viewed 2 more flats on Saturday. 1 was too small and the other was in a terrible neighbourhood. Abandoned shopping trolleys dotted about etc. I've a 2nd viewing tomorrow for a flat which I like - fingers crossed.

    Usual plans for a Monday for me. Gym > work > healthy dinner > badminton > bed. Will also be a NSD.

    LWW - 45?! I hope that lasts for a while.
    TA - A belated birthday.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

    Bright morning, so washer on with bed linen in, towels waiting for the sheets before they get a wash.

    Very lazy day yesterday. OH was very tired for some reason, went for his siesta and then back for another couple of hours later. His mouth is better this morning too.

    Off to start as much of the Monday clean as I can do, with rests in between.

    I have had a couple of reasonable nights sleep, hopefully it will continue.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning everyone a glorious spring morning with the sun out and about and shining beautifully this morning :) doesn't it make you feel glad to be alive on a bright day,sun certainly make you feel so much alive :):):) I am off to Book club this morning then probably a walk around the park afterwards just for a nice breath of fresh air .

    NSD today tonights meal is LO's from last nights dinner ,only have to make some gravy and cauliflower and zap in the microwave.Three weeks until we are off to the IoW for a break .I shall start sorting out my tinned food box and essential stuff to take with us on our trip later this week.if the weather is like this it will be smashing .

    Hope you all have a good day what ever you are doing, enjoy doing it


    Cheers chums

    JackieO xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,


    Lovely bright day here it feels really spring like, I have had a lovely lay in this morning and feel slightly more human than I did yesterday.


    So I have today and tomorrow off which I very much need, today I am going to collect two parcels from the post office, have a tidy through and take little Evie over the fields for a lovely walk, this afternoon you will find me on the sofa with a film and some chocolate I shall probably nap too !


    Washing is on the go just some towels but they should dry well today, I shall have a hoover round after this.


    I also need to hoover my car out and fit the new mats, they have us parking in a temporary car park at work which is thick mud so the drivers side of my car is filthy !


    Camelot is your DD moving ?


    Have good days all xx
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Lovely and bright down here on the coast. Been to allotment and now going for cycle ride along the front with a friend.

    JackieO, I'm going to IoW in May, we loved it so much last year, to the caravan site at Adgestone.
    Carolbee
  • Lol squeaky. 45 will hopefully last a while. I get the andrex ones off amazon . 17 quid for the lot and delivery so no trying to cart them back from the shops. It is the one thing I refuse to buy cheap.

    Finally managed to get the garden back to a semi respectable state after the storm. And now washing is hanging on the line drying lovely.
    Bright Blessings xx
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,674 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    Hi all,
    Lovely and sunny here in central London. A busy weekend and would you believe I only cooked one hm meal. Out for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday. Had an omelette at home yesterday then DH and I went to see 'the play that went wrong' (Christmas pressie from ILs). Very funny farce/monty python type show which I would highly recommend. Had a naughty curry takeaway last night with the children so feel a bit like miss piggy today.
    Have a quiet-ish day today and boss is out. Catching up on some paperwork and expenses. DH has put on two loads of washing today which I hope he remembers to hang out rather than tumble dry. Managed to get DS1s car renewal insurance for half the quoted price with his original insurer (£833 as opposed to £1649) - still a lot but at least it's manageable. We will pay for it and he will give us the money back when he gets paid each month to save the extortionate APR quoted.
    DD made some choc chip cookies yesterday, so that's treats sorted for the next day or so (not for me as on a chocolate Lent ban). Need to pick up some bits from the supermarket, so might go on my way home tonight. DH is cooking SW Mexican chicken with rice - all ingredients already in stock :D
    Hope you all have a good afternoon/evening
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'm reeling over here with the news from home. I can't vent - one of the group has a partner who's an SNP MSP. A very divided group tonight.

    However, the weather is glorious. I managed 2 hrs of skiing today before my Reynauds kicked in which is unheard of. Forgot to take a change of socks and my snow boots or I'd probably have managed more. I'm going to hurt tomorrow. But we are going Nordic walking instead.

    It's amazing being with a group of women who can accept that just because you CAN ski, you don't HAVE to. And who will allow me to pootle around on green and blue (easy) runs rather than throwing myself down a black Olympic run and being miserable:eek::mad:

    I may have to come away without DH again because he will never get it.:rotfl:

    Excited to hear about the boat Hester and the second viewing Speky
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,747 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Hello all.
    Had a bad night again so was a bit cranky this morning but the sun was shining. Yesterday we had decided to go out walking today so set off with a packed lunch to the Brecon Beacon Mountain centre.
    However by the time we got there the skies had clouded over and it was freezing with a biting wind and we had to eat our sandwiches in the car :(. Poor DH, I moaned so much that he took pity after the walk and bought me coffee and cake in the tearoom ;) and we both managed to take some good photos of a buzzard in flight :).
    Hoping for better weather tomorrow as my washing basket is full again and tomorrow I want to change the bedding.
    I have put the rubbish bins out ready for tomorrow as they are here from 7am and DH would probably forget in the morning. ( or swear I never asked him :rotfl:)
    Hugs to those that want / need them.
    Gers my condolences.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 13,990 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    FBO - I'm with you! Not sure I can bear the whole thing again. When I heard the news my expression was like The Scream. Madness, sheer madness.

    Hot on the news of my relative passing in Melbourne we got news of an old friend on his own final trip in Aberdeen. Funny how sadness can be mixed with a feeling of 'thank goodness'.

    My day has been really busy. Final laser appointment first thing, a quick PVG form check in town, visited the bank for cash, home for piles of paperwork stuff on the laptop. Just mind numbing stuff. I rewarded myself with a glass of wine, only one though. Didn't have to light the woodburner today, another layer did the trick.

    Tomorrow will bring me more paperwork which will be the last peak until mid June. Time for a bit of relaxing I hope.

    Sleep tight everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.