We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Monday 13 March 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
edited 13 March 2017 at 7:26AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 13 March 2017



This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.


Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry underfoot, light cloud with varying shades of pink - so could mean rain later, we'll see.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 still in his pit.

Dinner last night was roast chicken with tagliatelle in a bacon and mushroom sauce, enjoyed by us all. We didn't have a roast at lunchtime as DS2 was doing his last day of work experience, and we were out and busy - so it made more sense to cook later once he was home. I remembered to get the meat out to defrost, so we'll be having stew and dumplings, but I need to get some more suet or dumpling mix this morning.

Weekend was busy as DH and myself both worked Saturday morning, then had a few jobs to do Sat afternoon and we wanted to watch the rugby, had hoped the result would have been a bit closer. Yesterday we just continued with the jobs we had to do, got those done, then visited outlaws and my parents, then came home. Back to work today, and we're expecting it to be very busy as we're now in the run up to 1st April.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
«13

Comments

  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 13,990 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Morning all.

    Up with the larks as I've got a lot to fit in today so I want to make sure I get through it all.

    Yesterday was a kind of non-day as I was spectacularly unproductive and rather lazy. I'll make up for it today!

    Happy Monday to everyone.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Internet ate my post.
    Morning, I am much better (so far) and must go to work, see you later.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,679 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Morning All

    A wet and miserable start to the week here. Wasn't a great weekend weatherwise but did manage to get quite a lot done.

    Helped DD start to empty her flat, going back on Wednesday for another car load. Not sure where she's going to put everything, seems that my loft will be full!

    I'm going to try and eat a little more healthily, chocolate was quite high on diet this weekend and it needs to stop. If the weather is ok when I finish work I'll go for a walk.

    Hope the boat stay was good HH.

    Have a good Monday. Take care. XX
  • Morning all x
    Had a bad nights sleep so bit zombie like this morning . Just could not get comfortable. No matter what way I laid my hips were hurting. Still aching now so just my might have to give in and call the bone puller and make an appointment not that I can afford it but at least he sorts it out instead of givinger me pain killers like the doc would.
    Need to wait in for an amazon delivery today of 45 loo rolls . But once they have come I'm hoping to be able to get to the shops for some more yogurt mix.
    DD1 and DGD spent the day with us yesterday and so now need to sort the house again. Little whirlwind that she is .
    Dinner will be either one of the meals already prepared in the freezer or if I get chance a fish pie.
    Anyhoo birthday wishes to anyone celebrating today .
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    Tru - when you've trained scampi just to dig in allowed area, can you let me know your method as Mason (parson JRT) loves to dig anywhere.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Will do :D Don't hold your breath, this is going to take a while, lol. He's in heaven when digging on a beach, I'm seriously tempted to buy a sandpit :D[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We've had three days of fab walks – although I don't walk him straight past people yet (it's just too close), there's been no barking at people just a few feet away, no reaction to pushchairs, bikes and a shopping trolley, a bit of worry when two women carrying toddlers kept changing direction very close to us (they were looking for their friend's house and couldn't decide where it was, lol) but he didn't even pull, just kept an eye on them til he felt he was at a safe distance. He let a stranger stroke him :eek: She stood and waited for him to go to her and after eyeing her for about 15 seconds, he decided she was OK. He barked a couple of times at a man rushing down the road, yelling into his phone 'sorry I'm late, I'm on my way now', lol. But then he stopped and looked at me as if to say oh, I'm not supposed to do that, am I? Then sat down and asked for a treat :D[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]All this pottering has resulted in me being busy but not achieving very much at all, lol. I'm still very wary of lifting anything but I need to get things done, so I'm going to write a list of jobs that I can manage and make a start. Not sure how it'll go but we'll see. I think I'm just bored and need something to get stuck into.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Morning folks and thanks for the start NMLC. Lovely start to the day here with blue sky and a spectacular sunrise. Sadly the wind looks to be back with us. The trees and birdfeeders are blowing again.

    After quite a lazy and gluttonous birthday weekend I must get back to a bit of sensible eating. The hospital visit will take up most of the day as Mr TA has the MRI scan of his spine, but the biggest worry will be waiting to see the doctor at the musculo-skeletal clinic for the result on the 29th. Still waiting to hear from Oncology at Leeds about what route his treatment there will take. Trying not to worry but it's not easy.

    I think lunch will be a snack at the hospital so just tonight to think about. Will get some chicken fillets out to defrost I think as they are pretty versatile. Will see what we feel like when we eventually get back.

    Have a good day folks if you can and (HUGS) as always for the poorlies, sad or worried who want one. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Morning all
    I'm showered, shaved and ready for work.
    The fish have been fed and my L&M has a cuppa.
    AOD, the pram cover on the boat is the canvas cover that covers the stern (back end), not all boats have one, ours does but it's leaking as there are holes in it. I assume it's called a pram cover as it folds up and down like the hood on a pram.
    We have also got a quote for a cratch cover to cover the front end of the boat to make more secure storage.
    It's time I got a wriggle on, have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Quick hello

    Running late, feel like a zombie, is it really Monday already?

    Have a good day all.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 13,990 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Just got word that my SIL's father died today. He was a very well known Australian broadcaster on Channel 7 which broadcast a piece about him.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    Hope all goes well for Mr TA
    Tru your hard work is paying off with Scampi
    HH sounds like the boat is coming along nicely
    Not much to report from here taking mum for her check up today then shopping . We missed DD2 21st at the weekend as she stayed with her boyfriend but they will be here on Friday for the weekend and we are going for a belated family meal
    Hugs to all who need them and have a great day
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.