Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Options

Comments

• Smokey8899
    Options
    Star194 said:
    Hi, 
    We processed our application yesterday but I have been reading some of the comments on here. What is the criteria for solicitors? I’m beginning to worry because we have started the process with solicitors and neither Kensington or our solicitors have mentioned it. I’m just assuming it will be ok but I’m overthinking it now! 
    They have a criteria for the number of people on their panel. I don't know enough about it, but I know there has to be 4. We called a few solicitors before finding the right one. I would recommend asking your solicitors if they're on the panel for Kensington. I'm sure you'll be fine, but worth an ask so you know. 
  • Smokey8899
    Options
    Olivia42 said:
    5 weeks in, pretty much about to get our offer as they had all info and valuation was ok, then our seller pulled out! So frustrating and upsetting. There is not really anything alternative for us currently on the market either 
    Oh no! Sorry to hear this :disappointed:
    But I am a firm believer in what was meant to be, will be - we had two vendors pull out whilst we were looking. Both of them were 'dream homes' at the time. But actually now that we've found this 3rd one, we realise there were lots of compromises before. So I believe that you will find something soon enough! And at least you know your mortgage will likely be fine :smiley:

• mah0109
    mah0109 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We’ve just had our offer through!!!

not taken long at all (around 3 and a bit weeks).
    a few payslips requested from my other half initially but that was it.
    I was the one with adverse credit and didn’t even need to answer any additional questions.
  • missCelt
    Options
    3 and a half weeks and still waiting. The surveyors weren’t happy with the valuation so another home report from seller is what we’re waiting on then hopefully convince them to go ahead. MA said Kensington were happy to go ahead with the mortgage and everything was fine on my side, it’s just the property that could be the issue. 
  • amos14
    Options
    My mortgage advisor put our application in on the 25th feb and we are still waiting . They have asked for so many documents now . 
    Has anybody had to show proof of address for previous years , they want actual letters for 2020 and 2021. Finding it difficult to find these . Printed bank statements from these dates are not accepted . They want originals ! Anybody have any advice of a way around this ? 
    Thanks 
  • infinitedestiny
    Options
    hi all. I’ve been requested employer reference by Kensington. They have been given email addresses. Is this something they will reach out via email?

does anyone know what kind of information they request and in what format they need it?

or am I able to request the letter myself and pass it on?
  • Star194
    Options
    Kensington have confirmed they have all the information required and has now been passed to the underwriters. Is this a good sign, how long have people waited on this stage? 
  • Rdt12344
    Rdt12344 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, just started our journey
    DIP 14/4
    full application 20/4
    both of us have had a soft check yesterday for ID on their behalf but only wife wife had a hard search by Kensington which is odd ( unless mine isn’t showing yet). Broker dead confident , affordability very comfortable so fingers crossed but I guess you never know 
  • Noneforit999
    Options
    Our buyer used Kensington for their remortgage (BTL) so they could then buy our house.

Took 10-11 weeks, back and forth with documentation, valuation done on our house etc.

Eventually they offered them less than they asked for at final underwriting and they couldn't afford to continue.

Over 10 weeks wasted for us as a vendor. They seem to be a very slow lender so only use them if you have little other choice. 
  • Rdt12344
    Rdt12344 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick update, application 20/4, a few questions asked on 27/4 nothing too major. Just heard valuation arranged for next Thursday , so far so good I think 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback