We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

miss sold ppi

Options
13»

Comments

• connor08
    connor08 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    Speak to a solicitor, even just for a free 30 minute consultation. You need very big pockets and no guarantee you will win, remember the burden of proof in civil court is "on the balance of probabilities", you have to be able to prove your case and you'd have to expect the bank to defend this, calling their bluff and hoping they settle is a big risk

• Thank You.

• You give good advice.

• I will do that.

• I will also speak to citizens advice also thank you for your valued advice it means a lot to me
  • connor08
    Options
    Speak to a solicitor, even just for a free 30 minute consultation. You need very big pockets and no guarantee you will win, remember the burden of proof in civil court is "on the balance of probabilities", you have to be able to prove your case and you'd have to expect the bank to defend this, calling their bluff and hoping they settle is a big risk

You give good advice.
    • But most of my solicitors in my area don't do deal with this kind of work.

• I will take it to citizens advice and ask to see what their views are they were quite good when I went to see them about my mortgage.
    • hank you
  • connor08
    Options

thank you I did seek free advice from a fraud solicitor as you suggested . thank you for your help from the bottom of my heart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport