We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Thursday 9 March 2017

13

Comments

  • Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

    A bright morning, sunny but Brrrr.....I am told that great grandson will arrive today. DGD has been in since Monday, they tried various things to get her moving.

    OH has been in the garden, his knee gave way, so another fall......he went back to the dentist yesterday, the medication he was given affected his stomach, the abscess appears to have gone so he has to go tomorrow and the dentist will try and get the root out........why am I quaking at the thought???

    We are at a bowls club beetle drive tonight, so eating at lunchtime, meat and spud pie prepped and veg ready to cook for lunch. We will have soup and a sarnie at tea time, will be getting a burger in a bun for a supper.

    Still struggling on, its going to take a while for me to claw back, need to see if the new antib's clear up the bladder infection. Not sure what will happen if it does not.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,177 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Good afternoon, bright and sunny here and doesn't seem to be much wind. PT worked me hard at my session this morning and I am pleased with how much I managed to do:j

    Just eaten my brunch of scrambled eggs on marmite toast (cannot manage much to eat before I exercise. I intend going into the garden to plant some Primroses, before shower and hair wash, and then hopefully work through some chores and perhaps a bit of pampering too:D

    Not decided on tea yet, mushroom omelette and chips on meal plan, but OH won't commit himself to that yet!
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 7,689 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    edited 9 March 2017 at 3:31PM
    FLOSS - Yes it would be easier but it would also mean it would be going on midnight by the time we got them to bed! This way I can be washing the first one out's whilst waiting for the second one to finish her class. When she's out I can be then be washing hers whilst waiting for the third to finish her diving. Then just hers left to wash and all their hair willl be drying nicely by the time we get home! Hard work, yes, but gets them to bed much sooner when it's school next day! x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Dont they wear swimmi g caps anymore?....its ages since my kids went...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Dont they wear swimmi g caps anymore?....its ages since my kids went...

    They are seriously not cool.... apparently.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    I must admit its years since I saw anyone wearing a swimming cap, none of my DGC would wear one I don't think They just about wear goggles :):):)
    Happy birthday to Gers DM bless her and poor old barbie I wonder if there was a menopausal barbie with gritted teeth and hot flushes :):):)

    Weather has been glorious today and I can almost see my grass growing in the back garden .Mick my gardener is due back to start next Thursday so it will look nice once more as he makes such a great job of it.

    DGS Henry has gone with his Mum to the local college to see what courses there are there that may interest him, so I have the rest of the day off from childminding :):) I am going to put my feet up and have a nice large cuppa with a couple of biscuits and a read of my book for an hour before starting my ironing ,not too much of that to do so it won't take me long

    Cheers chums


    JackieO xx
  • Great Grandson Denny Joe has arrived, not sure if he was born by section, his heartbeat started to dip so they needed him out in a hurry.

    More later.........when his grandmother has recovered........
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 13,997 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Congrats to great grandma and great grandpa. It's been a long wait.

    I'm with DM though she's in another room chatting with one of her oldest friends, not in age but in standing!

    Swimming caps are very cool if you're in a club because it shows that you're serious about swimming. Divers don't tend to wear caps.

    I remember the horrible thick rubber ones with chin strap, just to make them more attractive! And the ones with big flowers attached. Us girls were made to wear caps when swimming and I always protested that it wasn't fair because boys didn't have to. Some boys had longer hair than most girls. Mind you, I remember having to use the 'ladies pond' which was smaller than the 'gentlemans pond'.

    Now, perhaps I'll get some cake.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,747 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Evening all.
    Deleted_User Congratulations on the safe delivery of baby great grandson!
    TA thinking of you and Mr TA re the scans.
    Yesterday there was no tooth extraction however DGS has now two back teeth down to the nerves and dentist will only take them out if there is a problem. ( DGS's teeth came through minus any enamel ).
    Went to a local shopping centre this morning and it was so warm ( 16 degrees ) that I had to take my coat off ! Managed to purchase some walking trousers and a pair of shorts ready for my holidays. Don't really have the legs for shorts but when on holiday no one knows me.;) Called in Al*i on the way home for some fresh goods.
    Dad came to tea which was jacket pots with gammon, pineapple/ fried egg.
    Hugs to anyone who wants or needs one and enjoy your evening.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Congratulations Csarina,

    Its been another nice day here, managed to get into the garden and spend a short time digging to get rid of some weeds, have to take things easy, if I mess up my knee or my back I wont be able to do anything.

    We had smoked coley with mixed veg, steamed potatoes and parsley sauce for dinner.....long time since we had smoked fish so enjoyed it immensely.

    Swimming caps are compulsory for everyone in our local pool, not that the new, nylon (or whatever) keeps your hair dry.

    Stay safe and well everybody

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.