We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thursday 9 March 2017
Comments
-
Morning all
Tru i feel for you Dolly saw two other dogs this morning and didn't kick off nor was she pulling on her lead so she is getting there.
Gets Happy birthday to your mum I hope she has a lovely day
Not much happening here I need to go shopping at some point but finances are tight as its DD2's birthday at the weekend she wont be home till next weekend and we are going for a family meal
Dog training and i need to drop the boy child at the station for work.
Dinner tonight Chicken Kievs
Think I might put the dog blankets on to wash while i go to the station then they can have a blow about when i get home
Have a great day whatever you are up to0 -
camelot1001 wrote: »Gers - Happy Birthday to your DM
Thanks. Just discovered that she shares her birthday with Barbie! Barbie is 58 years old today. :rotfl::rotfl:0 -
-
Good morning everyone,
Feeling chirpy today as we've blue skies here for the first time in a long time. Even opened the window in the office!!!
Yesterday was uneventful (apart from the football on the TV). After work I made my dinner, lunch for today and played 7-a-side myself. Home for a shower and a read of my book.
Tonight I've got a viewing planned for another flat at 6.30. I've already seen a 2 bed flat in the same block, so i expect it to be the similair. After that I've no plans as of yet.
AoD - Good luck at the dentist today
LWW - Glad to have you back. Sorry to hear about DD2 but glad all ok.
Gers - 89? Fantastic. Here's to many more years.
Jackie - You've got my mouth watering! We've got to see pics.0 -
Happy Birthday to GERS' DM and also to Barbie! Hope both have a lovely day! It's my birthday Sunday and DD is having a birthday meal for me on Saturday night, Just close family - me and Mr TA, DD, BF and the 3 DGDs and DS, GF and her DD. She likes to organise things around a theme and asked me whether I wanted Chinese, Indian or Italian. Need she even ask! She knows full well I love all things Italian! xx"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"0
-
Morning all,
& a Happy Birthday to Gers DM.
Seems like a while since I posted.Its a lovely day here though a bit breezy.I think a spot of sunshine is making me want to spring clean,never stopped yesterday- cleaning out kitchen cupboards,defrosted freezers and refreshed the list of what was in there.I'd crossed off so many things it was hard to read what was left
DGD 5 was here last night,she 'helped' me to wash up.DS and her also managed a quick trip to the park before tea as it was so light :j
TA hope your worries are unfounded.Our 2 DGC are usually very good when they come seperately but together at the weekend they turn into mini mayhem machines :eek:
I'm getting excited because the end is in sight regarding the road and landslip repairs :j.The main drainage chamber has been filled in,and theyre doing the one outside our house now.Its a bit noisy when they are using a whacker plate :eek:.Once thats done the actual road can be redone.There are some nice steps leading down to the public footpath alongside the river,and no longer a quarry sized hole at the front.Cant wait for the footpath to be reopened so I can walk Ly1a somewhere else besides the park.The pavements are going to be redone too and the open area over the road is to be grass seeded.It'll be lovely to have our green wooded area back to look at,albeit with a few less trees,instead of diggers and cranes and goodness know what other giant machinery-not to mention all the men in hard hats.The road has been closed for nearly 15 months now but the bonus of all this hard work is that several of the men have told me it should never flood our cottages again as the old culvert has been scrapped :j:j
Not sure what to do for tea tonight,something easy as I will have been at school doing my voluntary stint.I did intend putting the sc on with a beef stew but forgot to get the meat out of the freezer
Hope you all have good days xx:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)0 -
Not a lot to report here either Karcher. I'm still plugging on with sewing together my quilt blocks, it's not my favourite part of making a quilt but it's good seeing it come together.
I have a lot of bags in the car waiting to go to the charity shop and also a cheque to bank. DH closed his santander account because it was o longer worth keeping open and we both closed a couple of other accounts that had pennies in. Despite opening them online we had to go into a branch to close them and it took ages. The woman couldn't transfer the money into my account where we wanted it to go so now I have to pay it into our joint account in a different bank (because the cheque is made out to DH) and then transfer it. The queue behind us was huge because the bloke being served next to us was also there ages.0 -
TA would it be easier to do the shower & hair wash at home?
Just enjoying my regular Thursday treat of a cafe nero hot choc before I brave the SM. Have lots planned before I'm back in work on Monday, but am in college tomorrow and on a spa day on Saturday so will be busy!2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐0 -
Morning all,
Bahh i'm struggling today. That is all.
Onwards and forwards,
Have a great day all.This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
Morning all,
Another one here with a sunny, although windy day. The dogs blankets have all been washed and are having a good blow on the line. It does make you think about spring cleaning Rosyred especially when it shows up all the marks on walls etc!
Happy bIrthday to Gers Mum and also to Barbie, I always treated my dolls quite roughly not least her who was treated to a short back and sides which was then felt tipped green, bit of a tomboy me
Have a good day all x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



