We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thursday 9 March 2017
nmlc
Posts: 4,788 Forumite
O/S Daily Thursday 9 March 2017
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that want/need one x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
Now light, cloudy and overcast but not raining. At the moment we seem to be having a cloudy and dull start to the day but then it clears and brightens and we then have a decent sunny dry day - yesterday was the same, it was beautiful sunshine for most of the day. We'll see.
DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.
Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, ice cream for dessert. Tonight we'll be having gammon, egg, roast potatoes and peas. The gammon is a joint that I'll need to cook in the oven, as it's quite big, so will do that later so I can serve it hot.
Yesterday at work wasn't too bad in the morning but then was much busier in the afternoon - I think this is because we have enough staff in the morning but not in the afternoon, my colleagues said doing the job that they were doing was busy yesterday too, we've been busy every day this week, and we're supposed to be in non busy time at present - this is normally the calm before the storm! The days are flashing by though, and I've got training today on my days off, grrrr, makes me cross but loads of us are in the same situation, at least I still have a job. I'm working Sat morning too, so not going to feel much like I have days' off this week.
I have all the normal "to do" list today - so will crack on with that as best I can alongside all the other stuff. I'll get done what I can some can wait until tomorrow. I have a basket of wet washing ready to go out on the line, and I'll be putting another load in WM shortly, hoping to get it line dried.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that want/need one x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
Now light, cloudy and overcast but not raining. At the moment we seem to be having a cloudy and dull start to the day but then it clears and brightens and we then have a decent sunny dry day - yesterday was the same, it was beautiful sunshine for most of the day. We'll see.
DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.
Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, ice cream for dessert. Tonight we'll be having gammon, egg, roast potatoes and peas. The gammon is a joint that I'll need to cook in the oven, as it's quite big, so will do that later so I can serve it hot.
Yesterday at work wasn't too bad in the morning but then was much busier in the afternoon - I think this is because we have enough staff in the morning but not in the afternoon, my colleagues said doing the job that they were doing was busy yesterday too, we've been busy every day this week, and we're supposed to be in non busy time at present - this is normally the calm before the storm! The days are flashing by though, and I've got training today on my days off, grrrr, makes me cross but loads of us are in the same situation, at least I still have a job. I'm working Sat morning too, so not going to feel much like I have days' off this week.
I have all the normal "to do" list today - so will crack on with that as best I can alongside all the other stuff. I'll get done what I can some can wait until tomorrow. I have a basket of wet washing ready to go out on the line, and I'll be putting another load in WM shortly, hoping to get it line dried.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
0
Comments
-
Morning All
It's been raining but there's a lovely sunrise just on the horizon so hopefully we will get the sunny day that's forecast.
Managed to get a couple of jobs done last night that have been hanging around for ages, more to do tonight - I'm on a roll!
Hope everyone is well, hugs to you TA such a lot to worry about.
Take care. XX0 -
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]tiredmum It drives me nuts. Scampi will behave differently, depending on who he's with at the time. With walks I go out of the door first, he trots after me then waits while I lock it. We keep a certain distance from strangers and use treats. With mr tru, he leaps out then pulls him while he's locking up. Mr tru seems to think that walking past a stranger will get him used to it and he'll learn, but all that's happened is Scampi feels forced to confront things he's scared of and mr tru loses his trust, causing nightmare walks for both of us. He'll come in from the garden when I call him, he ignores mr tru and goes on a barky rampage round the garden. I have examples for almost every situation! I printed a couple of things and stuck them on the fridge and relayed info from the behaviourist, he ignores it all then moans that Scampi won't listen to him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The painting didn't get done. I had everything ready then opened the paint tin to find a horrible gloopy mess. I stirred and stirred but there was no improvement so I threw it away. I sulked for a bit then ate chocolate
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My shoulder woke me up at 2.30am and I haven't managed to go back to sleep. I'll be napping on the sofa by 10am, lol. So I have no idea how today is going to go. I have a list but won't worry if things don't get done, I'll just feel pleased with myself if I manage to cross anything off
[/FONT]
:beer:Bulletproof0 -
Morning folks and thanks NMLC. We have the promise of another nice day but the sneaky wind seems to be with us still.
One DGD up and watching Doc McStuffins beside me. The other will be to waken up shortly. It's quite civilised when it's just the two youngest but tomorrow the eldest will be here as well and, for some reason, that's when it ends up chaotic!
DD is off to an Olly Murs concert tonight so we have the dubious pleasure of taking the girls to their swimming and diving clubs. What fun it is (not) after each class supervising each one showering off and trying to wash their hair for them whilst keeping dry myself. (In a red hot changing room!) I am like a frazzled wreck by the time we leave for the drive home.
It'll be 7.00 by the time we get home so a quick and easy meal needed. I think a pan of Bolognese will be the best option, with just the spaghetti to put on whilst it warms back up. Mince out defrosting in readiness.
As we did the shopping yesterday it was my plan to clean all the windows inside today. Whether that happens remains to be seen!!
Thanks for your good wishes yesterday and I am trying not to worry honestly! But for someone who has always met troubles half way it's not that easy! Have a good day all and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad and worried who want one. Take care xx"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"0 -
Morning all, a quick post from me as I need to be off soon. The sun is shining and birds are singing very loudly, a pretty spring day.
I am working today, going straight to the dentist afterwards. This is for a checkup and to see the hygienist but I also need to have a tooth crowned, so have to book in for that. Then will walk round to see a friend as she lives nearby.
That's about all, I should have put the washing on but haven't and it can wait now.
Hoping that everyone has a good dayI was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back0 -
Morning all x
Well back from sunny spain now and don't I know it. House is a total tip. No food in the fridge or cupboards and washing overflowing from the basket. So plan for today ....
Shop till I drop
Clean till I'm mean
And see how long it takes to kill the WM.
Both DH and DD2 were pleased to see me come back and now I know why lol.
Yesterday while sitting in alicante airport I got a text to say DD2 had been involved in a car accident. I flipped. But she is ok just a few bruses and scrapes. I don't know wether to be annoyed they told me or not half of me wishes they had waited till I got home as she was ok and the other half would of wanted to know. I mean just what could I do where I was but worry.
Anyhoo better crack on .
Will catch up later with last week's posts if I get chance x
Hugs to all in need xxBright Blessings xx0 -
Morning all,
Its a bit dull here this morning but might brighten up later, off to work for me day four of seven so feeling it a bit now.
The rest of the pork chop tonight, with cubed garlic potatoes, roasted vine tomatoes and onion rings, looking forward to it already
Shopping is being delivered tonight and I will need to put a wash on and hoover through.
TA thinking of you xx
Have good days all xx0 -
Morning folks.
The high winds have died down, thank goodness. Today is my DMs 89th birthday so I'll be heading down the road after my teaching session this afternoon. She's impossible to buy anything for but got a lovely organic diffuser for her bedroom. The other week she bought one locally and then took it back when she read the contents and warnings. This one should be fine.
Yesterday in class things went a bit better. I devised a series of time-limited tasks which seemed to help them concentrate and not faff about. The one I sent home last week came in late and shamefaced. I told him that if he came in late again I'd send him away. That's 10 times late and 14 days absent since September, don't know how he thinks he'd manage in a job!
No food needed here. Yesterday's washing all dry and put away. Little bag packed. Just need to get myself up and showered.
TA - hold tight! Oh, and I feel your pain about hot changing rooms and awful hair washing times after swimming.
Happy Thursday everyone.0 -
Gers - Happy Birthday to your DM0
-
morning all

I wrote 'morning all' then sat and thought, I've no idea what to say next, I've no news or words of wisdom to impart :rotfl:
So I shall wish you all a good day.
May report back later if anything exciting happens :eek:
Take care all
'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
And I ain't got the power anymore'0 -
Good Morning everyone and a bright and sunny morning here in north Kent and the forecast is good as well so that's enough to put a smile on my fizog
:):)
Today youngest DD has the day off as she has to go to the local college with one of the boys as its open afternoon.I promised I would go round this morning with my new Dunelm mop and let her have a play of it to see if she wants one similar I am so pleased with it and it whizzes round my kitchen,bathroom and lobby floors so well.and at £14.99 I think its the best buy this year. I managed to get the last one in stock for my eldest DD a week or so ago, it seems the power of MSE has sold them out from the three local stores to where I live
:):).
Still hanging on to my pennies and not bought anything yet foodwise, and the stocks indoors are feeding me:).I only have a few things on my list which I will hopefully buy on Saturday,its mostly salad and some veg needed but I can manage with what I have in the freezer until then..
Going to make some melting moments biscuits this morning and think I will add some cinnamon spice to them for a change.I may make some cheese straws as well as I have a big quiz night tomorrow with my team and we all like to take a few nibbles along.
Hope everyone has a good day what ever they are doing ,
Cheers chums JackieO xx0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
