We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Wednesday 8 March 2017

13»

Comments

  • Well done to your son JUDI. You couldn't properly help him until he started helping himself. Let's hope this is a new start for him.

    I am feeling quite concerned at the outcome of Mr TA's musculo-skeletal clinic appt this morning. The doctor was quite concerned about his knee problem and has referred him for a scan of his spine! We put it down to needing knee replacements but the doctor dismissed that, hence the spinal scan. Surely he can't have another serious problem to contend with. If so there is just no justice. One more worry to stop me sleeping.

    Went to Aldi late morning to find it shut! As was Iceland next door and Sainsbury's across the road! Some serious electrical fault which also affected the traffic lights inbetween! To save going back home again we decided to go to the new Aldi in the next town. Gosh, compared to ours it's enormous and so spacious!

    Just enjoying an hour or so's peace and quiet before the DGD juggling between their various activities!

    Enjoy the rest of the day folks if you can xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Judi, we are going to rent the house out and will probably be permanently living aboard from May.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Afternoon all,

    Hester....congratulations on your boat ownership, great that you can manage to keep your house too.

    TA.....hope that Mr TAs scan will have a good result.

    Having smoked coley with parsley sauce, mash, mushrooms, and canellini beans. Debating making an apple crumble, if I do I will probably eat it all myself, so maybe not!

    Its been a lovely spring day here so far, rain is expected later, but I feel better for the warmth.....think I have been suffering from SAD.

    Have started knitting dresses for DD4s 3 little girls....found some nice red wool in my stash.....just one hundred gr ball, am going to use it as an accent with some blue/grey, think that it will work ok..

    Enjoy the rest of your day

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

    Just popping on quickly to say my sister's op went really well and she is expecting to come home tonight. Thanks for all your good wishes.

    It's dull and drizzly here today like my mood so I will love you and leave you, take care xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Brilliant news dumpling I bet you are really chuffed for her .
    Judi perhaps your straight talking did some good, I do hope so for both your sakes.
    Some good ideas for the chocolate liqueur Its come from france so I have no idea what brand it is,but it is very nice . I like the sound of a black forest type gateau . I looked at the bottle and it seems to be 25% proof so perhaps not a good idea for my DGS :):) but grown ups would appreciate it :) If I can do some freezer tetris I may be able to squeeze some ice cream in there and ice cream and CL drizzled over it sounds right up my street as a treat :):)

    Great afternoon at U3A and the Titanic talk was really interesting.
    Still very overcast and cloudy but at least its not raining
    Have a good evening chums
    JackieO xx

    P,S. I know its not easy but try not to worry too much TA you have to take care of both of yourselves and worrying won't change anything xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    TA aww, hun, there just seems to be no end to it for you - let's hope the scan doesn't reveal anything beastly to have to deal with.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Jackie whisk up some double cream and add a dash of your liquor nice just on its own or as a topping for cake etc. xx
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Dumpling that is great news.
    TA I'd worry too, anyone woukd, I hope things will be OK.

    Well I am back from work. The hoovering was not done though I have done it now. I'd hoped for a loaf of bread but DS decided that was too boring so he has made cornbread, using all my polenta. He decided against using a recipe from the Panasonic book and used one he got from some Internet bread baking group. It isn't cooked through yet and I have only frozen bread.

    Dinner for them was Spag bol, which I don't like. OH gave me some spaghetti with grated cheese. Unfortunately the pastable was stone cold and very unpleasant so I have basically had a little grated cheese.

    This post was interrupted by having to get the bread out, it smells good but is very heavy. I burnt myself.
    I have not done any swearing you will note.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    TA Fingers crossed for MrTA's scan x

    Dumpling Glad your sister's op went well

    Hester Many congrats on becoming a boat owner :D

    Jackie Just drink it :beer: :p

    Judi pleased to hear prodigal is being pro active.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I am feeling quite concerned at the outcome of Mr TA's musculo-skeletal clinic appt this morning. The doctor was quite concerned about his knee problem and has referred him for a scan of his spine! We put it down to needing knee replacements but the doctor dismissed that, hence the spinal scan. Surely he can't have another serious problem to contend with. If so there is just no justice. One more worry to stop me sleeping.

    Hopefully its just a precaution. I wish upon him the very best outcome from the scans he is having.
    Judi, we are going to rent the house out and will probably be permanently living aboard from May.

    Good idea, it will provide you with an income whilst your house continues to increase in value. Very wise.
    Well I am back from work. The hoovering was not done though I have done it now. I'd hoped for a loaf of bread but DS decided that was too boring so he has made cornbread, using all my polenta. He decided against using a recipe from the Panasonic book and used one he got from some Internet bread baking group. It isn't cooked through yet and I have only frozen bread.

    AoD. Such restraint. I'm sure I wouldnt have been so controlled if i had been in your shoes.

    My little man was super today. Climbing all over everything, making dens behind the sofas. He's got a brilliant imagination. I think i overfed him with fruit though... he didnt want his tea.

    Havent heard from Prodigal since this morning. Ive got a few ideas i want to put before him when i see him next.

    Hubby and Youngest have put themselves to bed early. Both of them have had a long, hard day.

    Sleep well all.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.