We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Wednesday 8 March 2017

2

Comments

  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]How did your sister get on yesterday [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]dumpling[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]? xx[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]snoozer I want to do the painting myself, mr tru is heavy-handed and rushes things! Where the wall meets the ceiling isn't neat at all, when my shoulder is OK I'm going to sort that. I do not want him touching the skirting boads at all :D[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Well done to Youngest Judi :T[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hester A boat owner! Exciting stuff, congratulations :j[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]karcher That was brave![/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Electrician friend popped round unexpectedly yesterday, armed with his tool kit. He said he was here to sort the lights in the lounge, I had no idea what he was talking about. He had two new ceiling roses, small plain ones that are the same as we already had. Ours were quite old and discoloured and had paint all over them (mr tru!!) but I was going to clean them up. He said that was too much faff and decided to buy us new ones. He wouldn't even take a cup of coffee as payment! Thank you N :D[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Still waking up in the night and having to take painkillers, but I feel a bit more human today. I have three load of washing to do, it'll have to dry indoors because it's raining. I'm going to attempt undercoating the skirting, I'm going to do along one wall then see how I feel. Might have to stop there but I'm hoping to have a rest between walls and have it done by the end of the day. Then the same tomorrow but with a top coat. Everything will stop for a couple of hours at 1pm, it's Lunch Wednesday with miss tru :D[/FONT]

    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning everyone,

    Fairly relaxed evening yesterday. Went and seen another flat but I wasn't bowled over. I have another viewing on Thursday for a different one in the same block except this one is a 1 bed (and thus £20k cheaper).

    I've got football tonight which means today isn't a NSD. Also, I'm taking the advice from here I think it might have been you RR, I've a cold sore pop up and so I bought some pineapple this morning to try and help. Fingers crossed.

    Karcher - very brave of you. I'm impressed.
    Tru - Glad you're feeling a bit better today.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,177 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Rotten night's sleep, up lots of times, eventually heated up some hot pads and snuggled back into bed with them draped over various painful bits, will be a plodding day today, but that's O.K.

    Lovely phone chat with bestie and a tasty supper of chicken, green beans and mushroom risotto and plenty left for my lunch:D. Had a wander around most of the CS in town, but was very good and did not buy from them, in fact only bought the chicken and the newspaper so a low spend day.

    Knit and Natter (craft and natter really) today, trouble is I have not been knitting much for a few months and go mostly for the natter, lots of beautiful work produced by the others, but they put up with me. Need to do more hand exercises for flexibility before I go.

    nmlc - thank you for the new thread.
    karcher - you were very brave at the dentist.
    Tru - lovely of your friend to change the ceiling roses, pleased that you are feeling a little brighter.
    Judi - well done to your DS.

    Have a great day everyone:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning chums and a rather damp Wednesday today looking murky and grey outside at the moment .
    This afternoon I am at the U3A monthly meeting and our speaker is doing at talk about the aftermath of the Titanic which should be interesting ,then tea and biscuits afterwards which is even nicer as I get the chance to catch up with a few friends as well.

    When I went to Quiz night last night our teams came 3rd and 4th so we didn't win but had a great evening.One lady brought along half a bottle of chocolate liqueur and gave it to me :) which was very nice and now I am trying to think what to do with it apart from drinking it .Any ideas about if I could use it in cooking.The trouble is my friends know I hate to bin anything and they think 'Oh I won't chuck that out I'll give it to jackie I'm sure she will find a use for it' :):):) I did the nose test and had a small sip when I came home and its rather nice .Apart from adding it to hot chocolate I'm a bit stumped as to what I could use it for ??? Any thought would be appreciated.

    No spending today although I now have on my list lettuce,tomato's and cucumber, but as I won't need them just yet I shall wait until perhaps Saturday if I can before going to the shops, I have a fundraising coffee morning to go to on Saturday morning which isn't far from the shopping precinct so I may kill two birds with one stone .Not making unnecessary journeys as well this lent and have cut right back on using my car as well if I can.

    Hope your sisters op. went well Dumpling, and Judi my thoughts are with you ,bless you life is such a turmoil for you at the moment, but well done for your youngest .

    Right time to get a wriggle on and sort out something for tonights dinner from the freezer

    Cheers chums

    JackieO xx
  • If it happens to be Mozart Black, JACKIE, then send it to me and I'll find a good use for it - hic hic!!! x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    Late one from me as i woke up at 5 with a very upset tummy with contraction like pains dealt with it and fell back asleep for an hour or so to be woken up by the pains again not sure what it is no one else is unwell so it can't be my cooking
    HH Congratulations on your new home x
    Tru I get what you mean about DH's and dog training DH and I nearly came to blows on Sunday and Dolly just did her own thing
    Jackie what about a black forest gateaux sort of thing
    Judi well done to DS
    Karcher you are very brave the thought of the dentist fills me with dread and the bill nearly makes me faint
    Dinner tonight gammon boiled potatoes peas and parsley sauce
    Have a great day whatever you are up to and try not to get too wet in all this rain
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,928 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Jackie, how about using it in a tiramisu type dessert. Or I do a gaelic trifle where the sponges are soaked in whisky and then covered in a coffee custard and cream, it's delicious and you could substitute the liqueur for the whisky.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I think the talk i had with Prodigal yesterday must have made a difference because he was knocking on the door this morning to tell me he's sorted his job seekers allowance out pending his interview and sorted his housing benefit out too pending a couple of forms that need to be signed but at least he got off his bum and done something about it. As i told him yesterday, we dont mind helping him but he's got to sort himself out, we cant do it for him.

    Ideally i want all my children to do well and be independent of me/us. Something neither me or my brother achieved with my Mother until she had died. Me because i was living in my childhood home (and she never let me forget it) and my brother because she was a source of money to him.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,747 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Hello everyone
    Slept well last night, shame it seems to be every other.
    Have been to collect DH prescription, emptied the DW and refilled it. Have also wiped down the kitchen work tops.
    Have to take DGS to the dentist this afternoon as one of his new teeth has come through at a right angle, so hope the dentist will not take a baby tooth out to make room until DD or SiL are with him:(
    DD will collect DGD after work and then come here and probably stay for tea. It will be several meals although DGD and I will have spag bol. DH and DGS will have something with oven chips and DD is on a special Non Dairy/GF diet so who knows there?
    Well lunch calls (a piece of toast ) catch you all later I hope.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hester when do you officially move into your boat? Have you managed to sell your house yet?
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.