We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Wednesday 8 March 2017
nmlc
Posts: 4,788 Forumite
O/S Daily Wednesday 8 March 2017
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that want/need one x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
Now light but damp underfoot and cloudy.
DH up and getting ready for work, he had a very late finish last night so has a later start this morning. DS1 gone to work, DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.
Dinner last night was pizza and chips for the boys, DH got something for himself whilst out and I had a frozen rice meal that I found in the freezer, won't be bothering with it again, wasn't that keen. Tonight will be fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg.
Work yesterday wasn't as busy but steady, so today could be anything! I'm doing the extra hours again this afternoon, I only have this until the end of March, so only a few more weeks. I'm working Saturday morning, and have to go in tomorrow for training on my day off, so it's not going to feel like I have many days off this week, never mind you just have to get on with it.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that want/need one x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
Now light but damp underfoot and cloudy.
DH up and getting ready for work, he had a very late finish last night so has a later start this morning. DS1 gone to work, DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.
Dinner last night was pizza and chips for the boys, DH got something for himself whilst out and I had a frozen rice meal that I found in the freezer, won't be bothering with it again, wasn't that keen. Tonight will be fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg.
Work yesterday wasn't as busy but steady, so today could be anything! I'm doing the extra hours again this afternoon, I only have this until the end of March, so only a few more weeks. I'm working Saturday morning, and have to go in tomorrow for training on my day off, so it's not going to feel like I have many days off this week, never mind you just have to get on with it.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
0
Comments
-
Morning all.
Thanks for the thread nmlc.
Not so much light here but grey'ish instead. Damp too.
This morning I'm working for two hours and then going off for lunch with a friend. Haven't done that here yet so I'm looking forward to it.
I planned to make vegan brownies yesterday, bought almond milk and vegetable oil before finding out that I didn't have vegan chocolate at home - thought I did. Nowhere local sells it. So, then decided to make vegetarian brownies instead, didn't have any unsalted butter! Gave up and made a cup of tea instead.
Curtain track arrived. The cord isn't very long and it may not dangle down long enough for me to reach. The curtain is nearly three metres long. Apparently it's short to stop children getting injured / choked on it. My curtain is across the front door and no children are resident. I'm just hoping that the cord can be removed so the curtain can just be pulled across manually. There's always a snag!
Now I must get ready. This four hour a week job doesn't pay much but it keeps me feeling worthwhile and productive!
Happy Wednesday to everyone.0 -
Morning All
Happy New Boat Day HH!
It rained most of the night, wasn't sure if I would have to close the bedroom window as it was so noisy but seem to have slept the night away with no problems.
Went to see 'Hidden Figures' last night, really good film I thought.
Not much going on today apart from work, I think I may have missed my hair appt, I'll phone later to find out.
Have a good Wednesday, hope your DS is recovering dumpling.
Take care. XX0 -
Haha cross posted Nmlc.
Morning all.
All quiet on the home front here. Nothing to report except that Youngest passed the the City and Guilds exam he took last week. More exams to follow. It's fair to say he is now more qualified than his Dad though his Dad has 20 years of experience behind him.
Not much to do in the house today though I've got my Grandson this afternoon and he can talk me to death. Just like his Mummy used to.
Onwards and forwards
Have a great day allThis is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
Morning all, rather a chilly, damp start to the day here but tomorrow is meant to be sunny.
I need to ask DS to make us some bread today but he was out late last night so not sure if this is a viable plan. I've put a note on OH's computer asking him to Hoover round, he won't miss the note because he spends most of his time on that, reading the news on every possible news site to ensure that we have world peace *sigh*. But often he manages to forget. Surprisingly, I manage to work, do laundry and cleaning other than the occasional quick Hoover and a bitty floor annoys me but I think he just does not notice.
I slept ok but am still yawning, need to keep awake at work As I tend to feel that it might not look good if I am found slumped over my computer or snoozing through meetings. May have to find something pointy and poke self with it from time to time.
I need to get off to work in a minute so I wish everyone well for today.I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back0 -
Morning, (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.
Well we are both on anti b's. OH has an abscess under the tooth the dentist took the nerve out. He is complaining already he has guts ache......tough, ring the dentist....me I still have tha UTI so more anti b's for me too. Hope to heavens they do not fight with my other meds.
Looks very dark this morning, guess it might be raining.
Still no baby.......0 -
Morning all
I slept for 2 hours, that was all I could manage whilst clinging to the edge of the precipice known as 'my side of the bed' all 6 inches of it!
Once he realised I was awaked my L&M wanted to know if I licensed and insured the boat as I'd claimed or had I just given up faced with the interminable page of bumpf I'd filled in. Then he felt the need to discuss the list of phone calls I need to make tomorrow concerning said boat. then to tell me he couldn't sleep, no sh** Sherlock/ I'd managed to work that one out. Finally he complained that I was jiggling the whole bed when I typed or turned a page on my kindle. Incredibly, he is still alive and fast asleep, I meanwhile am half asleep and heading for work!
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs Hester.Chin up, Titus out.0 -
Morning all,
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes you re very kind, I had a lovely day and was very spoilt OH bought me a kindle from ama*** but when I opened it the packaging was soaking wet, it had not got through to the kindle as far as we could see but we are sending it back anyway as we do not want it to go wrong later on, also the instruction book was all stuck together with the water, the outside packaging was completely dry so we have no idea how it happened.
I am looking forward to getting the replacement though as its much lighter then holding a book in bed.
Back to reality and work today, pork chops for dinner in some form, might do some mash and veg.
Need to do a wash tonight too to ensure I have enough work t-shirts for the week.
Have good days all xx0 -
Aaaargh! My post just disappeared!
Thanks for the start NMLC. We are promised a nice day again today. Sun and 10 deg!
Lovely day out yesterday. Bus ride to Otley and had a wander round and a nosy in a couple of cs. The hospice shop did me proud and for the princely sum of £4.46 got 6 DVDs, 1 book and a new M & S shirt for DS for work! Got the bus back to Ilkley for late lunch in 'Spoons. A 10 oz gammon each which was beautiful, As tender and juicy as you like.
For a change from Oncology, Mr TA has an appointment with the Musculo-Skeletal clinic this morning re his bad knees and weak legs. I don't know whether anything can be done but we live in hope. He has enough problems. Fortunately this appt is local and we don't have the trek to Leeds.
I think we will then do the weekly shop. It seems so much quieter on a Wednesday instead of our previous Thursday and may stick to it.
The two youngest DGD's here for tea and sleepover (Eldest going to her dads) Middle one's dance classes have changed times, conflicting with youngest's Rainbows. We'll sort something out! Didn't you know grandparents can perform miracles!! Not christened tea yet but may well end up with Pizza as it's probably the quickest and easiest option!
Have a good day if you can and (HUGS) to the poorlies, sad and worried who want one. JUDI my heart goes out to you. There is no quick fix is there. Take care all xx Oh today's the day HESTER! Much happiness on your new way of life!"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"0 -
Has anyone seen Coxy lately? If you're reading I hope things are ok.
Csarina, I hope these antib's work and that DH isn't too much of a pain on his.
TA, I went fod shopping yesterday instead of my usual Monday and was astonished at how much quieter Lidl was. I know Thursday is the changeover day for most of their offers (and Aldi too I think) so that might be one reason that's busier.
DS was away last night so I waited up to collect lovely DIL from the station and hen we had a chinwag so I didn't get to bed till after 1. It took me ages to get to sleep as well so I didn't expect to be up so early.
As I am I think I will try to finish the construction of the quilt top I am in the throes of making, it's just a case of putting the blocks together but there are a lot of them and I'm trying to be careful not to cut off points.
I think dinner may be something with salmon and cauliflower rice.0 -
Morning all
Quick one from me as I'm just off to work.
Had my 2 fillings yesterday without an injection...wasn't too bad but thought I'd try without as I hate the injections...I also hate the cost
Hope you are all well, must dash.
Take care all.'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
And I ain't got the power anymore'0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

