Women fighting state pension changes to protest outside Parliament on Budget Day

Replies

• westv wrote: »
    I'm just very confused as to what WASPI actually want.

WASPI don't know either. :rotfl:
  • Archi_BaldArchi_Bald Forumite
    9.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    bmm78 wrote: »
    It may be a good idea to avoid the First Class carriages on trains coming into Euston tomorrow morning, and give a wide berth to Michelin star restaurants around the Westminster area in the afternoon.
    How did you know?

a9kzu0.jpg
  • MalthusianMalthusian Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    westv wrote: »
    I'm just very confused as to what WASPI actually want.
    What is our ask? "WASPI ask the Government to put all women born in the 50s, or after 6th April 1951 and affected by the changes to the state pension age in the same financial position they would have been in had they been born on or before 5th April 1950". All we are asking is to give us what we are entitled to. All we are asking is for the Government to meet with us.

For those who are new to the party, the bit in bold means state pension at age 60.

While their "ask" was first moved from the front of their Facebook page to the "Notes" section, and then removed altogether, they have never formally retracted this demand, or made a specific alternative demand, and we can therefore assume it still stands.
  • vivatifosivivatifosi Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another woman who knew in the mid nineties here. I do not sympathise with WASPI as I don't see how they didn't know.

I'm a bit confused as to what Ros Altmann's position is though. Is she attending the rally (as per the quote in Pollycat's post), or bullied by them, as in mortgagefreeman's post?
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • PennylanePennylane Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Say what you like, it's like water off a ducks back! 😂😂😂

The WASPI women are drowning out the commentator outside Westminster. She can barely make herself heard while she is chatting to MPs for all the shouting, whistling and banging of drums.

Well done ladies! :T:T and thank you to Martin Lewis for supporting them.
  • TwopintsTwopints Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Pennylane wrote: »

The WASPI women are drowning out the commentator outside Westminster. She can barely make herself heard while she is chatting to MPs for all the shouting, whistling and banging of drums.

Yes, not listening now; just like ever since 1995....
    Not even wrong
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthusian wrote: »
    For those who are new to the party, the bit in bold means state pension at age 60.

While their "ask" was first moved from the front of their Facebook page to the "Notes" section, and then removed altogether, they have never formally retracted this demand, or made a specific alternative demand, and we can therefore assume it still stands.
    And that 'ask' was never included in the petition.

Duplicitous at the very least.
    9.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    vivatifosi wrote: »

I'm a bit confused as to what Ros Altmann's position is though. Is she attending the rally (as per the quote in Pollycat's post), or bullied by them, as in mortgagefreeman's post?
    Since she got sacked as Pensions Minister, she has been contradicting her former self on several fronts. Siding with the WASPI when she previously stated she disagrees with their ask is just one of them. She doesn't strike me as a very principled lady.
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if you have a big mouth you should get want you want ?
    9.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know who you were listening to but the BBC commentator was easy enough to understand. Sure, some whistling and pot-bashing could be heard in the back. Hardly amounted to "drowning out".

The main news for me isn't noisy women outside Westminster but what's in today's Budget for additional state pension money. £0.00.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide