Insurer being awkward about claim

Options
123457»

Comments

• Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Polly cat I phoned my insurer last Tuesday (18th april) the Monday was a bank holiday.
  • FutureGirl
    FutureGirl Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 April 2017 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Although the customer service team have your bank details, it doesn't mean the claims team will have access to them. Where I work we can only see the last 4 digits of the account number, to protect peoples bank details.

It likely it works the same with whoever you're insured with.

Have you contacted your insurer today to see when the payment was authorised? Usually a handler will raise the payment, which would then usually be authorised by management the next day, and will then usually be in your account a few working days later.
  • Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    As FutureGirl says, one department may have access to the required information whereas another doesn't. That said, however, it sounds like your insurer should have foreseen this issue arising and taken steps to prevent any delay in processing your payment from happening. If you hadn't chased it, it sounds like there may have been further delays.

There's no prescribed timeframe as such (one insurer I worked for would only do cash payments by way of a cheque at the end of the month, which could be a 30-day lead period!), so as long as the insurer sticks to the timeframe they advise you then there's little more you could do.
  • Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Ok just to update i received my payment yesterday morning. All I will advise others on here is be careful if ageas is your insurance providers underwriter. They are many complaints about them on comparison sites, if I would have known before I would have avoided them like measles. I won't be renewing with them in June and I have had a lot better quote from churchill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure