We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Old Style Daily thread. Saturday 4th March 2017
Comments
-
Have just come back from a 4-hour session on my allotment enjoying the sunshine and hoiking up 3 bin bags of forget-me-not's before they flower & reseed themselves everywhere! Also released the blown broccoli plants from the pigeon netting, weeded the onion & leek beds, cut back the autumn raspberry canes and watched DH dig lots of brambles up!
Tennis & footie to be watched this afternoon, then spiced meatballs, pittas & Greek salad for tea.2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐0 -
Lizzie Sprocker is here! :T:T:TIf your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)0
-
Afternoon all, still sunny here after brief shower, nasty cold wind is putting me off going out to plant some primrose plants and some pots of mini daffs, rain is forecast soon though.
I went to the first Saturday in the month coffee morning fundraiser this morning, it is on the fixtures list for OH's cycling group and ex-cyclists and non-cyclists like me go along too which makes it a nice social catch up:D On my way home stopped off at the countryside store and treated myself to the tray of primroses, collie dog to a piece of deer horn and the garden birdies to a new feeder, forecast here for tomorrow is dire, so better go and top the feeders up ready for them, the greenfinches have really been scoffing the sunflower hearts.The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)0 -
Afternoon all,
DGD stayed last night,and DGS arrived at 10 this morning and is staying tonight.After listening to the squabbles we all decided to go to a local beauty spot for a blustery walk to a tower on a hill .Lots of other families doing the same.The kids enjoyed themselves squelching along in their wellies,very muddy in parts as we've had a lot of rain recently,and watched quite a few dogs swimming in a pond.We treated ourselves to an ice cream on the way home,and DS has just taken DGD back.Just have to try and prevent DGS falling asleep as his Daddy wants to go and watch the boxing later once he's in bed,and we'll babysit.
Lasagne for tea with garlic bread.
We are off to our friends tomorrow as he wants some advice about an extension,so no doubt us ladies will sit and have a glass of wine while the men discuss drains in the cold
LW-enjoy Lizzie
Csarina glad you are feeling a little better,take care.:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)0 -
Hi everyone *waves*
I'm lurking around Old Style, browsing many threads, as I have a brand new shiny grocery budget. I have resolved to be much more organised with menu planning and shopping-list-making and it really helps, being "around" like-minded people.
There's six of us, two adults and four children. We have quite the mix of dietary requirements, so menu planning is a challenge! I'm also very into organic and non-GMO foods, and eco-friendly products, but working to accommodate them on a budget.
Today I was craving something sweet, but had been quite strict with the shopping. DH suggested making something, so I used up a can of condensed milk that had been languishing at the back of the cupboard and made fudge which is currently setting in the fridge.
When all the kids are in bed, I'm going to tackle a half-finished scarf for DD2 from before Christmas. I find knitting really relaxing in the evening, but often feel too sleepy to get much done!0 -
JackieO
The cous cous makes a lovely cold salad mixed with peppers, onions etc or can be used like breadcrumbs on chops, chicken pieces etc.
I have some packets to use up as well, especially things like noodles that dds are not so keen on so will make a special effort next week to include them in meal plans.
Two dds and a SIL are over for lunch tomorrow so bought two small beef joints. loads of veg and will do them with actifry potatoes and home made yorkies. There should be enough for a couple of extra portions to be put in a lidded container for them to take home.
I feel as if I spent a lot today but have the beef joints, mackerel
fillets and lamb steaks for the week ahead as well as fresh pineapple and green veg. Trying to get a really healthy diet for the next week or so while I recover.
Have found a good meat deal so might order it and freeze it so I don't have empty spaces in the freezer and can use it for some new recipes."This site is addictive!"
Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
Preemie hats - 2.0 -
echo_and_narcissus wrote: »Hi everyone *waves*
I'm lurking around Old Style, browsing many threads, as I have a brand new shiny grocery budget. I have resolved to be much more organised with menu planning and shopping-list-making and it really helps, being "around" like-minded people.
There's six of us, two adults and four children. We have quite the mix of dietary requirements, so menu planning is a challenge! I'm also very into organic and non-GMO foods, and eco-friendly products, but working to accommodate them on a budget.
Today I was craving something sweet, but had been quite strict with the shopping. DH suggested making something, so I used up a can of condensed milk that had been languishing at the back of the cupboard and made fudge which is currently setting in the fridge.
When all the kids are in bed, I'm going to tackle a half-finished scarf for DD2 from before Christmas. I find knitting really relaxing in the evening, but often feel too sleepy to get much done!
Welcome echo_and_narcissus good to have you join us. Looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future.:T
Sitting here, listening to George Michael before i retire for bed, its been a tiring day and nothing i wanted to do got done.
Still, theres always tomorrow.:)
Sleep well all.This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


