IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Wye Valley Visitors Centre PCN (ParkingEye)

Options

Comments

• Myci85
    Myci85 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excellent, thank you for the advice. I shall start the process off and will begin a thread on here for further advice if I need any (I'm sure I will!). ☺
  • PalaceJim
    PalaceJim Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    I've been done by Parking Eye at the Wye Valley Visitor centre too, on Easter Sunday. Both me and my son!
    We entered at 10:23 and left at 14:37. We paid 4 hours parking from 10:31 to 14:31, so 7 mins before and 7 mins after (14 mins over in total).
    I appealed to Parking eye but they turned it down. How likely am I to win my POPLA appeal?. I can't really afford £120 let alone £200!!. Feeling quite sick about it all.
    Any help or advise would be great.
    Cheers
    James
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please start your own thread using the red NEW THREAD button , top left of this forum

then study clause #13 of the BPA CoP, studying the grace periods both before and after a parking event

this will be one of your main appeal points at popla
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The are others, signage, contract. standing, timeliness, planning permissions etc., plus you can write bad stull on their Facebook and TripAdviser pages and complain to the principals.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • PalaceJim
    Options
    I have photo of the Wye Valley Car park if anyone needs them, message me with your email and I'll send a link to a dropbox folder.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    As I replied in the other thread, please just post a broken* link in a reply here ... no need to harvest email addresses. ;)

* change http to hxxp
  • PalaceJim
    Options
    Photos of Wye valley Visitor car park and signs:

dropbox.com/sh/qkpb9drk7gwqwi1/[/url] AAAwXJyh0X6xnOe8BaoGXjCIa?dl=0
  • PalaceJim
    Options
    take out the [/url] in middle and this should work
  • brimoan
    brimoan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    On 12th March I paid £3 for a 4 hour parking ticket, but left after 59 minutes. ParkingEye are saying I entered the wrong registration number on the ticket machine. I have asked proof of this "wrong" number but they have NOT replied with it. Instead they say my appeal has been rejected. I threw away the parking ticket so I do not have proof but I will not give in. I will see them in court.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    #1 Please don't hijack threads.

#2 Read the NEWBIES thread and use the POPLA code (on PE's rejection letter) to get this seen off. (POPLA is a far easier process to complete than having to compile a court defence).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure