PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 28 February 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today has been the first decent drying day for nearly a week so I staggered out with a super king duvet cover etc . I have dragged stuff back inside just now and it will need to be put on radiators etc.

Now the fridge freezer is back in action I popped out for some milk and bread to freeze and a few odds and ends that will be handy for a day cooking is not on the cards.

Son in law and another dd will be coming round for a bite to eat tonight so looked out a recipe for a potato pastry sausage and onion oblong. Also got a tub of chocolate spread as I promised to make pancakes for dessert.

Yet another load of washing is in the machine for tomorrow - Oh for a magic lamp. ;)

Will need to get up early tomorrow as someone is coming round to super clean the double oven as it is in a right state and I don't feel up to all the scrubbing involved yet. I feel a bit guilty as I have never paid for this to be done before but it should be worth it as it is getting me down.

I really enjoyed tv last night as I managed to find the new series of NCIS and have started watching "Elementary".

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    You could try turning it upside down and give it a good shake from side to side. I do mine occasionally.

Only did it a few weeks ago and ive just done it again. Its amazing what grot congregates.

rt17vq.jpg
    caronc wrote: »

Karcher if turning it upside down and giving it a good shake doesn't help it could be worth getting a can of the spray air, alternatively a drinking straw lightly wedged under the offending key and a good blow might do the trick

Hope everyone has a good evening x

:T Thanks :D

Yay a fw upside down shaks latr worked and my d is obstruction free....trouble is it appars to hav movd to undr my E :rotfl:

Back to upsid down shaking!! :rotfl:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Poor Karcher! :rotfl:

My day has been fine - lovely bright blue skies and blazing sunshine, along with biting cold wind and therefore blazing woodburner.

I had a call to help a neighbour with her broken Mac but couldn't help though we enjoyed a cup of tea together. They live directly opposite Jura so the view was just lovely today. I can see Jura but not so directly.

My meat delivery arrived and is all stashed in the chest freezer. It all looks such great meat so tomorrow I may indulge myself with a ribeye steak when I get back from teaching. It all came in polystyrene 'cool boxes' and packets of dry ice which all now need to go to the dump so are in the car. I'm impressed with the packaging and delivery.

I've geeked my house up with some remote controlled plugs and lamps so I can now turn off everything at the wall from my phone or tablet and a couple of lamps can also be dimmed or brightened the same way. Modern technology is amazing and surprisingly easy too. At last the upstairs TV can be turned off properly without getting out of bed and the red light won't disturb me any more.

A friend is making a curtain to cover my very draughty front door and I've found that my 'spare' curtain rod is the exact correct size to fit the space so that's another bit of 'stuff' being used up. That probably won't happen until next week now but I'm looking forward to it.

Off for tea. Night all.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    My meat delivery arrived and is all stashed in the chest freezer. It all looks such great meat so tomorrow I may indulge myself with a ribeye steak when I get back from teaching. It all came in polystyrene 'cool boxes' and packets of dry ice which all now need to go to the dump so are in the car. I'm impressed with the packaging and delivery.
    Not sure who your are using but I use Campbells and haven't had a thing yet that wasn't of a fab standard. Hope you enjoy yours :)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Not sure who your are using but I use Campbells and haven't had a thing yet that wasn't of a fab standard. Hope you enjoy yours :)

Donald Russell. Fab meat.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    Donald Russell. Fab meat.
    Yes they get a good reputation :) Can't beat decent quality meat - night and day taste wise :)
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    As planned I was just enjoying my CBA day, feet up, book in hand and fire full blast, when DS texted to say he would come for tea if my cafe was open for business! I thought I had better show willing and rustle up something a bit more substantial than what I had intended to do! He's just left now to visit his ladylove just down the road. He has given the required two months notice on the posh bachelor pad he was renting as he says city life is definitely not for him. He is now on the lookout for a small house to rent up here in our village until the tenant renting his own house decides to move!

After my rubbish night last night I think an early night is on the cards and I am just hoping I don't fall asleep on the sofa and scupper my plans.

Have a pleasant evening folks if you can x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    karcher wrote: »

Q: the D d on my keyboard seems to have something stuck under it and only works if I really bang it! The letters aren't removable so any idea how I clean under it..it's driving me maddddddddd :mad:

TIA :)

Have a goo ay all :rotfl:

Get the nozzle from your hoover and put a pair of tights over the end then hoover the keyboard, the tights will prevent any loose keys from being sucked up the hoover.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Get the nozzle from your hoover and put a pair of tights over the end then hoover the keyboard, the tights will prevent any loose keys from being sucked up the hoover.

Thanks redruby :D I had thought of hoovering but was concerned about losing the keys.

I think I may have an old pair of stockings I can use (which are rather redundant these days :o) ;)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nothing surprises me more than the absolute inventiveness of the folk on here :):):):) who need techno wizards when we have plain old fashioned common sense alive and well :):):)
    Jackie O xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport