edited 28 February 2017 at 6:26AM in Old Style MoneySaving
30 replies 3.4K views
nmlcnmlc Forumite
4.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 28 February 2017 at 6:26AM in Old Style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 28 February 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now getting light here, drying up underfoot, yesterday started off with some sunshine then get steadily clouded over and we had some rain and dark clouds etc, today is forecast much the same, cooler too.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work, and DS2 still in his pit, I'll wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was smoked sausage and mushroom pasta in creme fraiche sauce, menfolk had a breaded chicken portion each with theirs' apparently there's not enough meat in it without the extra chicken! Tonight's dinner has gone a bit wrong already - I got the meat out to defrost overnight to make a beef casserole in the slo cooker so it was an easy meal tonight - the meat hasn't completely defrosted so can't put it in the slo cooker, so that's back in the fridge and I need to organise something else, I'm thinking of jacket potatoes, cheese and beans/tuna & mayo, I have enough bits in the fridge to also rustle up a side salad.

Yesterday work was manic, we had a queue both sides of the double doors before we opened - so we knew it was going to be busy before we started. It was just relentless all morning and into early afternoon, but then did ease off, the travelling fair is here at the moment and uses 2 of the main car parks so parking is limited - a lot of local people don't come into town whilst it's here, and I think that may be the case from today. I do know that there's 2 customers that are coming back today for assistance with long enquiries that didn't get sorted yesterday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Replies

• TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Woke up at silly o'clock to a light covering of snow. We really don't want any more snow thank you.

Rubbish night's sleep but nothing new there. Too much on my mind and as much as I try not to worry I still do.

No plans for today thankfully, after a hectic few days of childminding and treks to the hospital. Will catch up on one or two jobs this morning then, after lunch, feet up with my book. It's going to be a CBA sort of day I can tell.

I want to make some butternut squash and carrot soup next, then get some pork escalopes out of the freezer for dinner. Think I will do them in a mushroom sauce as we enjoyed them that way last time.

Have a nice day if you can and (HUGS) for the poorlies, worried and sad who want one. Take care all x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Youngest is late for work. He's normally up and out before his Dad but his Dad left an hour ago.

I think the drive to Gloucester and back knackered him out yesterday and the same again today.

Think I'll stay in bed till the heating comes on. BRR! It's a bit cold.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Seems very cold here this morning and has been raining in the night, I think more is due during the day.

Off to work for me today, tonight its meatballs which I will put in the sc before work, I shall prepare dd's quorn ones and shove them straight in the oven once I get in.

It will be a quick dinner tonight as a work friend is coming to buy my old car so I shall be car less for 12 hours or so.

Need to put a wash on tonight too and have a sweep through, have good days all xx
  • camelot1001camelot1001 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning All

Lost a post in the ether this morning! Hope you're all well.

Feel better soon TA, well done on the bargains!

Had a good evening catching up with friends but couldn't sleep when I got in, probably too much tea and cake!

Washing on the pulley - had to put some underwear on the radiator to dry quickly this morning as I had run out of clean pants!

Have a good day. Take care. XX
  • dumplingdumpling Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Brrrrr, it's absolutely freezing here this morning. We have all been so cold for the past few days but hopefully our boiler will be replaced tomorrow and Thursday so we will be warm again.

I'm off out with my lovely CMHT lady this morning. I think we are going to Lidl which will be great as we are out of basics like bread and milk. I am sure more than that will be purchased though :D. Hubby asked for something 'different' for tea, I will be having a poke around the store to see what they have.

Well, I am off to boil a kettle so I can have a wash and wash my hair. Hopefully not for much longer. Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Good Morning chums bit nippy this morning but dry at least .Its U3A coffee morning this morning, which I am hosting.There are about 8 of us who take it in turn, as we meet at the local Dobbies, and any one who wants to learn about us just turns up and we welcome them and tell them about our group.Dobbies are really good, and let us have a bit sectioned off on a Tuesday morning.Good chance for a natter and catch-up with friends and a wander around afterwards if you want to.I shall resist the temptation to go near the deli counter though as my purse will be firmly at the bottom of my bag.I am in a 'lock-down ' mode for the foreseeable :) Plus as its the last day of the month all left over cash gets swept into my holiday account from my food purse :)

Tonight instead of going to quiz I am off to Rochester where there is a 'meet the author evening'. My friend rang me to remind me last night and good job she did as I had put it down in my phone for 28th March instead of February !! I will have to look it up and see who the author is as I have forgotten that as well.not losing the plot :) its just that these tickets are booked about three months in advance as they go so quickly.Our local library system book lots of different authors and you book the tickets to see them.Its been quite good though, one of the best we saw was Peter James ,he was really interesting.
    So a busy day today as in between I shall be nipping to DDs to let the dogs out and then later going to keep an eye on my DGS and making them pancakes, its not all lying around eating grapes when you are retired its often rushing from here to there to keep all the balls in the air :):):)

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing

Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
  • ScarletRibbonsScarletRibbons Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone. The day has started dry and bright here, but will probably deteriorate as it did yesterday. The forecast is for it to get colder, brr.

Sleep was a bit on and off for me last night, as it frequently is.

There are plenty of little jobs to do today, and a grandchild to collect from school. Meals will be stuff from the freezer. I've been trying to live out of the freezer since Christmas, and it's not enormous, but there's still stuff lurking in there to use up.

Hope you have a quiet day TA, you need it.

Have as good a day as you can, all.
  • csarina2csarina2 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

One good night, followed by one horrendous one. Was still awake at 4am, the phone rang at 7.15 no one there grrrrr.

Towels to go out, need to push the buttons to get into the mind set to iron yesterday's bed linen. I do not iron much, but cannot stand wrinkled up sheets etc.

Does not look like we will be going out for tea and cake, we had a phone call yesterday to say that a medication delivery is coming sometime today.
    Target figure £5,500/£3412.05
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all.

I've been awake for ages and was surprised it was so early when I opened my eyes. It was light at 7.00am. :j

Someone has posted a photo on FB of snow in a village on my way home from Glasgow. We came through at about 2.40pm and less than two hours later there was snow. Snow is so rare here that photos are taken of it! Think it's going to be in the local paper too.

Today is when I start putting the living room back together as I'm waiting in for the meat delivery (it's the right date this time!) to arrive.

I'll be having the last of the 'red cross' food from DM, just need to cook some veggies.

TA - I hope you can take some time for yourself too, find some quiet spot and try to relax.

Happy Tuesday to all.
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning,

Thank you nmlc for starting the thread.

Hugs to all who need them and well wishes to the poorlies.

Had a good night sleep as I went to bed early, it is always good for me to avoid sitting in front of the TV for too long. When I do I tend to doze on and off and then have a broken night. Bedtime around 9:30 and a bit of reading, sipping my camomile, seems to be the best option. Of course I wake up for a loo trip because of the hot drink, but I am half asleep when I go and fall back to sleep straight away when back.

Sunny morning! DH and I are going to have an eye test and new specs. Very expensive business, varifocals. Just as well we will have the largest part paid by the insurance, it is really worth having kept up the payments, it covers acupuncture (DH) and osteopathy (me) as well as helping dental and optical costs.

Then, free afternoon! I am going to treat myself to new workout leggings as my current ones are possibly over 5 years old and falling apart inside the legs, been stitched and repaired beyond usage now, the holes keep reappearing and it is becoming enbarrassing to wear them in public. They are still good to wear under tunics and skirts though.

Have a good day.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides