Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Whiplash~~. Great result on SOTW. :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry lovelies, had a horrible weekend, someone tried to mug me and Top Bloke's work was armed robbed!

Needless to say, syns were the last thing on my mind.

Still -1 for the week, somehow! Probably the stress.

B - Potato, leek and bacon soup (a late one)

D - Turkey, egg and new potato salad

T - HM burgers, chips and salad, HEXB for barm, HEXA for cheese

Not sure on syns yet. Might have a couple of Oreo thins.

Hope you're all well :)
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Topgirl :eek: glad you're ok xx Was Top Bloke at work when it happened?
    lantanna wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Greentiger! Hope you have a fabulous day ! I really do!

I'm incorporating 2 days of the 5.2 diet until I go on my holiday in a bid to get something half decent off. I will let you know how I get on.

Today is my first 500 cal day or fast day whatever you like to call it.

In case you need extra cals, there's an article here about allowing yourself an extra 200 for the day and it still works!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4304716/Fast-Diet-s-inventor-says-allowed-200-calories.html:T

Will be interested to see how you get on, it was something I was thinking of trying but I'm evil hangry on fast days :rotfl:

Well I've drawn the line from my 2 weeks binge, stepped over it and now back on track (even though there's a bag of cookies staring at me right now :mad:) need to get this gain back off in a couple of weeks if I can!

Menu for today
    B - strawberries, yogurt, oats (0.5heb)
    L - chicken salad, leaves, pineapple, chicken, fat free dressing
    T - not sure but something with BNS
    S - crisps (3) pineapple, snack double decker (1)
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Top Girl ~~ That is dire.
    Take care of you & hope Top Boy is ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • tammy61
    tammy61 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Red day for me today.
    B 2 weetabix. HEB
    Milk HEA
    Fruit. Free
    L 2 ski slices of whole meal bread HEB
    2 Laughing cow HEA
    Ham Free
    Salad Free
    Egg mayo Free
    Mayo 1 sin
    D steak Free
    SW chips Free
    I don't plan on any more sins to try to make up for a bad ...very bad couple of days. Well that's the plan.
    Top Girl. Hope you and Top man are ok.
    We have had a spate of burglaries here over the last week. Very scary and we are usually thankfully free of this sort of thing.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Top Girl, hope you and Top Bloke are both okay. I think you definitely deserve some syns after that.

Seems to be an awful lot of armed robberies of small convenience shops round here at the moment, which is scary and really feel sorry for the staff.

Take care of yourself.
    Zebras rock
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Shala, I will look at that! My losses are too slow at the minute so I'm hoping this will jee things up and bit and focus my mindset, also hoping it will shrink my stomach capacity because at the minute it takes a lot of food for satiety - or maybe its all psychological with me, who knows!

Topgirl, dear me, hope all of the Top Team inc Top dog he's my fave! Are ok
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I attempted the 5:2 diet the other year, but I really struggled to fit it in with my life, and I struggled to cope with the fasting days.
    Have also tried the 16:8 diet which is only eating within an 8 hour window of the day. That was easier to follow, because it basically meant skipping breakfast, but I gave it up because of my husband's work times, and wanting to eat together in the evening didn't fit with a suitable eating window for me.
    I think it did work, although I didn't really give it long enough to fully test it.

I will be interested to see how you get on
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    tammy61 wrote: »
    Red day for me today.
    B 2 weetabix. HEB
    Milk HEA
    Fruit. Free
    L 2 ski slices of whole meal bread HEB
    2 Laughing cow HEA
    Ham Free
    Salad Free
    Egg mayo Free
    Mayo 1 sin
    D steak Free
    SW chips Free not on a Red day
    I don't plan on any more sins to try to make up for a bad ...very bad couple of days. Well that's the plan.
    Top Girl. Hope you and Top man are ok.
    We have had a spate of burglaries here over the last week. Very scary and we are usually thankfully free of this sort of thing.

Tammy - Unfortunately you can't have the chips with your dinner! On a Red day you can have 2 HEBs which you've already had at Breakfast and Lunch. The only way you can have them is if you use frozen ones and syn them! Alternatively you could just do an EE day and syn the lunchtime bread for 6 syns and also syn the 2 Laughing Cow (assuming original would be 4 syns). You would also need to add some Speed foods to your dinner, perhaps onions, mushrooms &/or tomatoes.

With the mayo in your egg mayo at 1 syn (assume it's a Tbs of Light mayo), that would be a total of 11 syns on an EE day.

Hope that makes sense to you. If not just ask!

If you're not sure it might be worth posting your menu first thing in the morning or even the previous night so you can get some help with it before actually eating it!

Denise
  • chocomonsta
    chocomonsta Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pixtotts wrote: »
    Right lets ignore me on the table above...

lol, I think you are doing really well ..................ignore me on the table instead :o

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport