NST Muddy March Marathon

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting hold of some reduced gf/df orange choc bars for dd, for beating the bus as I opted to walk the last mile to work, for getting back in time to see dd do her taekwondo grading (and pass it with an A grade), for the warmth, for giggles with dh, for making plans for the Easter hols, for a friend passing on some school shoes for dd to grow into, for a simple tea, for time with dh tomorrow, for my comfy bed.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done to dd Apple

SFD here (16 I think) as 12 hours at work. Day went quickly and although there were lots of hiccups, I feel strangely positive about it.

Looking forward to welcoming the new month on Saturday :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 March 2017 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Inspiration

Forgive yourself for not being where you thought you would be by now.

Not been back in the house long. Blood taking was quick when I got there. Decide not to take the yardstick in case someone called security. Taxi there and taxi to mum's.

I have ironed two awkward curtains (low heat only, should have been dry cleaned and lining and curtain seemed to be in different places). I do not iron normally (told mum next time to get someone to hang them up whilst still damp and the creases will drop out as they dry) but had to stop mum from doing it.

Then we put them on the floor and I measured up from the bottom (they had been trailing on the floor and become very dirty (+ partner keeps feeding the 'people in the corner') and cut off the excess. I have hemmed one whilst I was there and brought the second one home with me. Mum wants them 'brightening up' with 3 rows of daisy trim on the bottom of the curtain and on the spare fabric which will then be attached to the top like a pelmet. That's approximately 33m of daisy trim (if I can find a suitable colour and the woman has that much in stock).

Have made an appointment for next week to review blood test results and may go tomorrow morning (providing I can wake up) to check whether I have an ear infection - someone at crafts said my symptoms were similar to hers the week before and she ended up in A & E after falling down a flight of stairs. Taking mum to the afternoon film tomorrow and then it's film night for me in the evening. Plus I have to buy flowers for the carer who is leaving, check out the flower trim if there is any time. I am behind with washing up and general household stuff. Think it's do what I can and the rest will have to wait time (need to book an eye appointment when I have a day free).

Today I am grateful for there being no one in the waiting room for bloods, for taxis (wish I could have walked but the day would have been impossibly long and exhausting - must learn to accept my limitations), for being able to help mum (she had already asked her partner's two daughters and one of his daughters-in-law to do just the cutting off bit of the curtains, several weeks ago).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 31 March 2017 at 1:52AM
    Options
    Day ThirtyOne
    Well we all reached the finishing line even if some of us are limping or crawling. So warm blankets, a hot bath or shower (soon Fmess soon) to get rid of all the mud and as much water as you can swallow.

EE has promised us a restful April. A new start for all of us. New tax year, new growth all around, lighter and longer days.

Today we also reach the end of the first quarter of the year so I would like you to reflect on your goals, check if you are on target and decide your priorities for the next 3 months. If you have been consistently missing your targets, check whether the steps you have picked are too widely spaced - we all want to get there but a small step forward is better than an out of reach step. If you are on target, well done, identify any obstacles coming up and plan now for how you will tackle them. (post 15 for reminders on goal setting, measuring and keeping going).

I think many of us have a financial target (getting debt free/ mortgage overpaid/ emergency fund/ saving for something special) and a lot of us had weight loss/ general improvements in health and fitness in our other goals. The main obstacles this month seem to be car disasters and poorly pets.

Thank you to all turtles who have taken part in this challenge, I love the variety of your responses and the depth of your experience.

It has been Mental Health Awareness Month. Many of us are stressed and suffering. I hope the daily wellbeing challenge has helped alleviate this. Just spent half an hour trying to re-find a quotation but decided to go with this one instead

I am enough
    Who I am is enough
    What I do is enough
    And What I have is enough.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Mothernerd :).

Thank you for such an inspiring thread, and I look forward to the coming months.
    Well done to everyone :T
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD#13 yesterday! Very impressed but tbh it has been mostly lack of funds and being an inventive cupboard diver rather than by good planning. :o

Today is payday (whoop, whoop!!) and I end the month with £25 left in the account. Surplus!!! :T
    So I am hitting the charity shops with the list of stuff I will need for the DS x 4 to grow into and am hoping for a great shopping raid.
    It is either going to be there, or it isn't.

Moving on to stripping two skirting boards.
    Watch out! She's got a (heat) gun :rotfl:.

It's all glamour round here :D
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It was a NSD yesterday which took me to 11/15 for the month. I'm out for lunch today and need to go to the supermarket too.

One of my goals is to run a 10k - I've done a few runs in preparation for this and am now up to about 8k. The 10k is in 3 weeks time so plenty of time to train a bit more. The other goal is to pay off all my debt by the end of the year. I'd worked out how much I need to pay each month to achieve this and generally I'm not quite making the monthly target. I need to sit down and look at the numbers properly. I would love to pay off all debt this year but I think it may not be achievable.

Thank you mothernerd for the thread this month, see you all in April :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Smashed my own record this month. 18 NSD's!! This was down to the fact that I over spent at the stag early in the month coupled with a long weekend away in which food and the likes had all been prepared.

A new benchmark nonetheless for me.

A huge thanks to you mothernerd, you've been a great motivator on here this month. Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks mothernerd for running the March thread - will be back later with my month end report.

Yesterday was another NSD - just medical spends as has been the norm all week.

Today is likely to be a spend day as going to town with DH who needs a black dinner suit for a charity do tomorrow night. so while we are doing that and visiting relative in hospital I am thinking about food shopping for the month - I'm thinking today will be quieter than Sat and Sun so could get it out of the way.

If I spend then I will have done 14 NSD's this month.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you feel better mothernerd and thank you for the March challenge. Sorry I disappeared somewhere along the line. See you on the other side in April
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure