Options

Comments

• qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    I'm not defending his attitude -

You’ve spent the last couple of pages doing just that, right from pride and joy to your own superior upbringing.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 November 2017 at 3:35PM
    Options

No. A deduction based on observations. And that is sad?

Sad that you couldnt see that someone is a BMW driver without assuming they had it on finance, were up to their eyes in finance, were living on the breadline and were now most likely in trouble if they had a mortgage because the interest rates had went up 0.25%.

I think that speaks volumes about you.

Tell you what - pm him and ask for his thoughts on the matter. Or you could forward all this verbiage to the other thread and see if he responds.

Oh i think you and the other baying wolves on that thread have longsince frightened him off. New user, probably never to come back now.

Well done lads.
  • qwert_yuiop
    Options
    Sad that you couldnt see that someone is a BMW driver without assuming they had it on finance, were up to their eyes in finance, were living on the breadline and were now most likely in trouble if they had a mortgage because the interest rates had went up 0.25

No.

Oh i think you and the other baying wolves on that thread have longsince frightened him off. New user, probably never to come back now.

Well done lads.

The baying wolves were horrified at his dismissal of a near tragedy, I’d say. That’s my thought in the matter, anyway. To whinge about the loss of £190 after that is unconscionable. He seemed to be terrified at the prospect of spending a bit of money (at Budget car repairs ltd., it would appear) and having to go to insurance. What’s his excess that you’d go to insurance for so little? As I say, it didn’t quite ring true.

See if you can find some outrageous baying comment from me.
  • motorguy
    Options

The baying wolves were horrified at his dismissal of a near tragedy, I’d say.

LOL. Yes, thats why someone put "mate you'd be better to start another thread and say you drive a Nissan".

That’s my thought in the matter, anyway.

Well clearly if it were, there'd be no issue, but what you dont know, you've chosen to make up and repeat as FACT.

He seemed to be terrified at the prospect of spending a bit of money (at Budget car repairs ltd., it would appear)

And lo and behold here we go again. No evidence at all that he was terrified of spending a bit of money more that he was annoyed that someone damaged his property and he was going to have to pay for it, and £190 sounds about right for getting a wing repaired.

and having to go to insurance. What’s his excess that you’d go to insurance for so little? As I say, it didn’t quite ring true.

You struggle to read information and take it in dont you? He never said he was going to put the damage through his insurance merely that there was some debate about informing his insurance of the accident.

Those are two different things - you know that right? You can inform your insurance company of an accident, but not actually claim off your insurance for it?

See if you can find some outrageous baying comment from me.

Well as BeenThroughItAll said in post number 127 on that thread of you "Yet another one of those gross and unsubstantiated generalisations you are so fond of." so its not like you dont have form for this sort of thing. :rotfl:
  • qwert_yuiop
    Options
    LOL. Yes, thats why someone put "mate you'd be better to start another thread and say you drive a Nissan".

Well, I didn’t detect that. No doubt the aforementioned has some line in infallibility

Well clearly if it were, there'd be no issue, but what you dont know, you've chosen to make up and repeat as FACT.

You’re very sensitive about all this. Sure you’re not mr bent bmw?

And lo and behold here we go again. No evidence at all that he was terrified of spending a bit of money more that he was annoyed that someone damaged his property and he was going to have to pay for it, and £190 sounds about right for getting a wing repaired.

He was away off on a foot stamping tizz about a measly £190. As I wrote, pay up and shut up.

Does it? Seems like a bargain to me, but maybe you know more about road accidents than I do. Still a virgin there

You struggle to read information and take it in dont you? He never said he was going to put the damage through his insurance merely that there was some debate about informing his insurance of the accident.

No

Those are two different things - you know that right? You can inform your insurance company of an accident, but not actually claim off your insurance for it?

Yes

Well as BeenThroughItAll said in post number 127 on that thread of you "Yet another one of those gross and unsubstantiated generalisations you are so fond of." so its not like you dont have form for this sort of thing. :rotfl:

Said in a gross and unsubstantiated fashion, referring to a comment that had nothing to do with the op.
  • motorguy
    Options

More sidestepping and distraction

You can dance around the issue all you like, but the reality is you were wholly wrong and spreading misinformation as fact, all made up based on your own prejudices.

End of.
  • qwert_yuiop
    edited 7 November 2017 at 5:47PM
    Options
    You can dance around the issue all you like, but the reality is you were wholly wrong and spreading misinformation as fact, all made up based on your own prejudices.

End of.

Quoting yourself now? It must be tricky keeping track. Why not quote your wee line about stones and dogs while you’re at it? The irony.

Predjudices? I’ve actually enough to think about without analyzing people’s choice of car. You evidently haven’t.
  • motorguy
    Options

Quoting yourself now? It must be tricky keeping track. Why not quote your wee line about stones and dogs while you’re at it? The irony.

I've no difficulty at all keeping track thanks. You're the one who seems to struggle to read what people put, then misquote later to suit your own agenda. Well caught out this time though. :rotfl:

Predjudices? I’ve actually enough to think about without analyzing people’s choice of car. You evidently haven’t.

So what other reason have you for immediately assuming that someone who had a BMW MUST be heavily financed, must have no spare income, must have no savings, and must be about to go bankrupt? In the absence of ANY evidence to support that, surely that becomes the very definition of a prejudice?

If i see someone with a new car i'll think "wow, nice car", clearly you're one of those people who'll be stewing "oh well clearly he cant afford that".

Sad really.
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyway. Interest rates have risen, finally. Only to the very low level they were at last summer, but it's a start.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • qwert_yuiop
    edited 7 November 2017 at 6:50PM
    Options
    I've no difficulty at all keeping track thanks. You're the one who seems to struggle to read what people put, then misquote later to suit your own agenda. Well caught out this time though. :rotfl:

Well if you can find where I said “side stepping and distraction”, point it out
    [/B]

So what other reason have you for immediately assuming that someone who had a BMW MUST be heavily financed, must have no spare income, must have no savings, and must be about to go bankrupt? In the absence of ANY evidence to support that, surely that becomes the very definition of a prejudice?

Actually, no. I have very little interest in how you or any one else spends their dosh. I tend to concentrate on my own life. Who said anything about no savings, finance, the lot? His oddly prejudiced supporters, who explained how having a bmw probably meant he had no money. Did he counter this, and say, well, thanks for your concern, folks, but I paid cash. No.

If i see someone with a new car i'll think "wow, nice car", clearly you're one of those people who'll be stewing "oh well clearly he cant afford that".

I don’t pay any attention, unless it’s something odd like a Lamborghini or a home built kit vehicle, since I’m not really a car fan, and I find Jeremy clarkson and Ilk a bit tiresome. I enjoy fixing them, as I do with motorbikes, or did before they became so dominated by engine management systems and the like. Bring back the cavalier.
    Interestingly, the only time I’ve been aware of this strange and sad resentment was last year when I travelled from cork to Charles hurst Belfast in a Maserati. Quatroporte sounds so much groovier than four doors? Two drivers along the motorways did their best to prevent us passing, including one who acted as a cattle lorry’s Pace man for a mile or so through county Kildare. Far be it from me to suggest this was because he was a middle aged bloke who thought he’d made it in life because he had a bmw, but we got the fingers when we finally got past. This Maserati ? It’s a bit long and hard to park. And you’re still restricted to 120 kph, just like everyone else. Na, not my thing.
    I know nothing about anyone’s finances when I see them driving along. How would I? Why would I care? Back when I was an employee, I knew what those on the same pay grade as me were earning. That’s all. Even then, who had a rich uncle with no kids? Whose boyfriend was a tycoon? I didn’t know and didn’t care.

Sad really.
    Not me, man. Quite satisfied with life. Yea, going well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport