IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Have I appealed to soon

Options

Comments

• kcking43
    Options
    Okay, well and truly repenting at leisure!

As I acted hastily on Thursday, hey I was very angry, and they may claim knowledge of the driver I will process the POPLA over the coming days.

PALS, when I finally got the right one, were very matter of fact but will take my case forward with the hospitals estates management team. I should hear back early next week.

Frustrated that I am having to take value time to deal with these parasites.

Thanks Redx for your knowledge and support on this.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    no worries , its appalling that you have to go through this because the trust didnt staff the desk where you were to get your parking permit from, its their incompetence that has caused this and is not your fault

hopefully they will see sense and get it cancelled for you, but you need confirmation from not so ETHICAL in writing that there is no further charge , so a cancellation from ethical in writing - keep this safe for 6 years as these parking companies like to play silly beggars and it would be your written proof

and the trust should also issue you with a written apology as well, due to their staff shortages causing you unnecessary worry and stress for no obvious reason , so INSIST on this too and keep that safe for 6 years along with your other paperwork on this

you cannot be too careful with these modern day rick turpins !
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I will process the POPLA over the coming days.

Wait a bit, see the complaint through first.
    As I acted hastily on Thursday, hey I was very angry, and they may claim knowledge of the driver
    You admitted who was driving?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kcking43
    Options
    Unfortunately when I made my appeal, as I now know in haste, there were boxes to tick for driver, keeper or both and I stupidly ticked both!

Learnt my lesson now, so will draw up the POPLA appeal and hold pending the PALS response.
  • kcking43
    Options
    Visited my wife again on Saturday evening at 19:00 and made the point of ensuring that I got a permit. However some interesting conversations ensued as follows:

I spoke politely but assertively with an enforcement officer who was actively ticketing another poor soul in the bay next to me. He stated clearly that a permit was necessary 24/7 and that if there was no one on reception to issue one it could be obtained from the staff on the medical ward.

Spoke to the lady on reception who was not aware she had to issue parking permits nor the process to be followed. I had to talk her through the process.

Once on the ward I asked the staff if they could issue a permit as the enforcement officer had stated. They were quite certain they did not hold any parking permits and had no process to issue them.

Whilst there I also took photographs of some of the poor signage including one that directly contradicts what the staff on the ward told me, and another on entry to the car park which directs "Permit Holders see signs in car park". When first encountering this sign most drivers will not be a permit holder!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    just goes to show the incompetence of the trust in this matter
  • kcking43
    kcking43 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Finally got a positive step change on this matter. Eventually the PALS lady called back (apparently my request for support from my wife's consultant has paid off). She was very apologetic about me even having received a ticket and certainly that my appeal to Un-Ethical Parking Management has not been successful. She has a senior contact in EPM who should rescind the ticket.

Interestingly when I pointed out to her the multiplicity of different processes and levels of understanding across trust staff, coupled with the very poor signage she has offered to take all these concerns up with the trust at a key meeting tomorrow.

I should get a response in writing from her and EPM shortly.

Thanks for all the help.

POPLA letter still being held in reserve, just in case.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done you. Finding the right person to complain to is key.
    She has a senior contact in EPM who should rescind the ticket.
    Must admit I didn't know there was anybody who could be described as 'Senior' at Ethical, unless she meant 'elderly'...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,367 Forumite
    Options
    kcking43 wrote: »
    Finally got a positive step change on this matter. Eventually the PALS lady called back (apparently my request for support from my wife's consultant has paid off). She was very apologetic about me even having received a ticket and certainly that my appeal to Un-Ethical Parking Management has not been successful. She has a senior contact in EPM who should rescind the ticket.

Interestingly when I pointed out to her the multiplicity of different processes and levels of understanding across trust staff, coupled with the very poor signage she has offered to take all these concerns up with the trust at a key meeting tomorrow.

I should get a response in writing from her and EPM shortly.

Thanks for all the help.

POPLA letter still being held in reserve, just in case.

Just reading this post highlights the financial drain on the NHS budget - PALS intervention, a consultant having to get involved, and an agenda item on a key meeting. All consuming health service resources - the hidden cost of having a PPC to ravage their patients and visitors - scandalous.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • kcking43
    kcking43 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hooray! Had a brief phone call from a lady at hospital PALS Yesterday to inform me that my parking fine had been voided. I shall now await paper confirmation.

In addition I have received an email from the director of estates services from the Sussex partnership NHS trust. As a result of my complaint placed upon the hospital review public forum they have revisited the rules around parking and are now going to restrict the need for a permit to office hours, 9 AM to 5 PM. A moral victory one feels.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure