Captcha !!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
5 replies 1.8K views
Saver-upperSaver-upper Forumite
1.9K Posts
Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
I was reading on the feedback forum about the new CAPTCHA malarky that MSE have going on at the moment.

Yesterday I encountered it for the first time.It was pretty straight-forward: ticked a box confirming "I am not a robot".Job done.

However,tonight,I spent about15 minutes composing a response to a post on a thread I am on.Just incase,I copy/pasted it (a couple of times!!),then pressed "submit".Oh my!!Not just a tick-box exercise,but a collection of 8 blurry photos,with the instruction to tick the ones that contain a street sign :eek:.The first time I attempted it,the page never reloaded,apparently the second time I tried it,I got the answer wrong.

I then went to another version I had C+P'd,tried again to post,and finally got an " I am not a robot" tickbox,which worked.

So I am wondering,is this a permanent feature of MSE,or is there bugs in the system that just need to be ironed out?My computer is very slow (probably because I have many many windows open at once :o),so I am not sure how much more I can take of spending10 minutes to post something I have already taken 10 minutes to compose.

The CAPTCHA page mentions running anti-virus program.If I do this,will I be able to post without all the other malarky first?

Thank you.
SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides