Returns From Lending to Business

Options
Hi folks,
Does anybody know anything about London Capital & Finance Plc?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 February 2017 at 1:56PM
    Options
    If you search for them on here you'll find plenty of cautionary threads, containing many references to the word 'bargepole'.

In short, your capital is at risk so they're not the safe protected savings option that the gullible, unwary or naive may perceive them as....

Edit: perhaps I misunderstood the question - I can't correlate the OP's content with the title!
  • fridae
    fridae Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for that information Perhaps you might have equally helpful comments on ThinCats P2P lending
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fridae wrote: »
    Thank you for that information Perhaps you might have equally helpful comments on ThinCats P2P lending

Maybe it would help if you outlined what you are trying to achieve and accounts you have already?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • fridae
    fridae Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    My wife and I have a number of ISAs that are now paying just .5%. We are in the process of moving these to the Leeds building Society at 1.6% and are looking to improve on future investments. We are considering P2P companies and have narrowed things down to Thin Cats and Lending Works.

As pensioners we have a fixed income, however I also have a private pension that enables a little spare cash at the end of each month. I was thinking of using this to put a toe in to test the P2P water, so to speak.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure