Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Anyone heard of Century21? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Anyone heard of Century21?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Savings & Investments
27 replies 7.1K views
13»

Replies

  • ReaperReaper Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else invest in Sesco, Century 21 and subsequently Rothgen? (Tyram Lakes project) I’m looking to find other people who like myself are struggling to to get their investments returned after 3 years. 
    I'm afraid as is normal for unregulated mini-bonds it sounds like this one is going belly up. Over on the BondReview site comments say they haven't had any payments this year and one says the company told them "I have now been informed that my investment will not be repaid until such times there are sufficient funds." In other words they are insolvent.

    Here's the link: https://bondreview.co.uk/2018/11/20/tyram-lakes-via-rothgen-capital-we-review-their-bonds-paying-8-per-year/
  • JollyBoysJollyBoys Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    You need to post you contact details so others can get in touch
  • JollyBoysJollyBoys Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    Rothgen keep saying the Trustee will be writing to the bondholders, I assume with details of what assets there are and the value of those assets, trouble is, it doesn't seem to be happening.  The original brochure said there was a 21 yr lease on the land, so this should have 16 or 17 years left on it, so there should be some value to this. 
  • JollyBoysJollyBoys Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    eskbanker said:
    JollyBoys said:
    You need to post you contact details so others can get in touch
    Those who invest in these sort of schemes are obviously likely to be more vulnerable than most to crazy suggestions, but anyone failing to laugh heartily while slapping their forehead at that 'advice' really should consult their responsible adult as soon as possible....
    It just shows you how sensible people, even experience business men can be drawn in......hindsight is a great thing
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    JollyBoys said:
    eskbanker said:
    JollyBoys said:
    You need to post you contact details so others can get in touch
    Those who invest in these sort of schemes are obviously likely to be more vulnerable than most to crazy suggestions, but anyone failing to laugh heartily while slapping their forehead at that 'advice' really should consult their responsible adult as soon as possible....
    It just shows you how sensible people, even experience business men can be drawn in......hindsight is a great thing
    And that means what, exactly? Eskbanker was referencing your advice.  
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • JollyBoysJollyBoys Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    Oops, misread it !
    If they want to get in touch with others in the same situation, how else can they do it?
  • ReaperReaper Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    JollyBoys said:
    Oops, misread it !
    If they want to get in touch with others in the same situation, how else can they do it?
    I haven't checked but often Facebook groups get set up by the victims.

    It's not a good idea to give contact details out on an online forum like this as other scammers may:
    1) Try "Recovery Fraud" saying they can get the money back for a small, upfront fee https://www.fca.org.uk/scamsmart/recovery-room-scams
    2) Add them to a "suckers list" to contact them about more "opportunities"

Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support