PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 16 February 2017

Options

Comments

• ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all, I am about to get ready and go to a training day which is in easy walking distance so an easy start. The mister is off to get the car MOT'd.

I've had two good night's so feel reasonably human this morning.

Had a really nice day off yesterday and went to see a local historic house and garden with a friend. Lots of little shoots coming up in the grounds, also tea and cake, always a plus for greedy me.

I must be off, hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Spend day yesterday as epxected with footie - £3.50

I forgot to stop off at Tesco on the way home as I mis-calculated my food shopping on Sunday and I'm short on chicken for tonights dinner. So i'll need to go today at lunch, which will ruin my NSD.

No plans for tonight although given the failure of a cake I made, I might make ginger biscuits to satisfy my sweet tooth.

TA - I live on a low-carb diet and I've found a ton of resources online. Lots of blogs with people trying different recipes but I use Pinterest mostly and it's amazing.
    HHH - Good luck today with the surveys
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

the hounds didnt wake me up once last night.... pity my bladder and hubby did. After sleeping together since Christmas i still cant get used to sleeping with him. He was in bed for 9 last night he's really finding the the 500 miles a week driving to and from work as well as a full shift on the building site too much now but is reluctant to find work elsewhere because he likes sleeping in his own bed at night (and not having to find his own evening meal). Anyway when i went to bed he was sprawled out in the middle of the bed and stayed there most of the night. I pushed him over a few times but he kept finding his way back... then he complained he was too hot.... jeez... no pleasing some people! Heres me squished into one quarter of the bed and he's complaining he's too hot. Maybe if he stuck to his side of the bed instead of being squished up to me he would be cooler! Glad he didnt try to put the fan on or there would have been an argument.

Grandson hasnt got chickenpox according to the doctor so he's got nursery today. I'm glad, he wears me out, talks me to death and i'm knackered before i start the day. He's a happy little soul, just thinks he's a mountain goat and doesnt like kisses much.:(

Made full use of my wheelie bin today. Its groaning from the weight of its contents. I'm still chucking stuff out.

Usual chores to do in the house today, bedding is top on my list.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    HH, I managed to get back on your blog by clearing my browsing history but now it takes me (even from Google) to a site offering weightloss with Yoga Burn. I don't know if it's my end or yours that's the problem.

Like a lot of people I'm struggling to get the extra pounds off again. I find that the only way I am successful is to be super strict with myself. I don't eat breakfast because I don't really feel hungry, it's the evenings I have a problem and I'm sure that's part habit, part greed for chocolate!

I am wearing purple today, it's one of my favourite colours. Mum never wore purple because one of her sister's looked dreadful in it so mum thought she would too. In fact I bought her a dress in it a few months before she died and it looked really good so she'd missed out for nearly 80 years.

I went down to DS' to get their cat because they are going to Budapest for a few days. She wouldn't come out from under the bed so I'll have to try later, I really don't want to go down there every day while they are away. DiL is giving in her notice this morning and is really nervous about it so I was trying to bolster her courage. It's a horrible feeling wondering if you're doing the right thing but I'm sure she is.

I'm also waiting for a delivery of sand and cement for the shed base DH is building this weekend.
  • tiredmum2
    Options
    Morning all
    Hester how exciting It's going to be a long time till we move but its about the only thing that keeps me going I dislike this house intently but we can't afford to go right now
    Dolly has been walked and its definitely warmer
    I will do an online shop for mum later and i will do a menu plan for next week
    Fishcakes for tea not my favourite but they need eating up
    Have a great day whatever you are up to and hugs to those who need them
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 February 2017 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Morning all.

I'm another in the rubbish nights sleep club..just for a change :p
    It sounded like an upstairs neighbour was rearranging their furniture at 5am this morning. These flats are terrible for noise. You can hear a pin drop :(

Just made myself a large milky coffee. I don't have sugar normally but am tempted to put half a teaspoon in it as I need some energy and a sweet fix.

Planning on swimming tonight and after 6 NSD I will break that and call in the shop on the way home as I need a few bits.

Have a good day all and take care.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • HoneyBee83
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Hugs to anyone who wants or needs one.

What a lovely morning! Its nice and mild out and the sun has his hat on :).
    Will be getting pooch out for a really good stroll later- fingers crossed it stays this way. It feels like spring is ready to burst out :T (Stay positive!).
    Pasta bake went down a storm last night with the clan. Surprisingly there was a good portin left so I have that for lunch at work. Tonight I am doing salmon with jacket spuds and veggies with parsley sauce.
    Should get a wash load on later and if I'm lucky I can get it on the line. I have loads of washing to be folded/ironed and put away, will get DD to give me a hand with that little lot.
    Hopefully I can knuckle down and do some reading this evening, I just haven't found the time, need to put aside an hour each evening I think and stick to it no matter what.
    Right, off to skim through some threads while waiting for the kettle to boil.

Take care everyone!
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning chums ,had a nice day out yesterday with DD and the boys and the two dogs.We drove down to Hastings, and had a nice lunch in a dog- friendly pub followed by a long breezy walk along the beach.
    Came home abosultely stuffed from lunch, couldn't eat any dinner as I felt rather full.By 9 I was feeling decidely unwell,and was !!!.slept on the sofa for three hours ,then eventually went to bed around 1.00.woke up feeling so much better this morning I think it was too many onions in the liver,bacon 'n'onion lunch.Shame as it really was delicious at the time.

Just had a couple of cuppa's this morning and will be eating a bland light diet today :):):)

Weather is bright and sunny at the moment so maybe spring is on its way at last This afternoon I shall be making cookies with DGS.

Hope all is well with you all

JackieO xx
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am having a lazy day, making sure I take the anti coagulant tablets on time and staying hydrated. Had scrambled eggs on toast earlier and have left the washing outside as it started to rain yesterday and I knew I was not up to dashing around quickly.

Middle dd is popping round tonight so thinking of marinading chicken and making chips in the actifry as well as using the soup maker to make home made tomato soup for lunch.

I need to do a bit of a tidy round this afternoon but will do things slowly till I get some strength back.

JackieO

I hope you stay feeling better today and take care pet. A bland or light diet sounds a good idea.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just had a very frustrating morning making a cushion cover. It's a star pattern which will be lovely but it's made using a technique called Foundation Paper Piecing which is like patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time to me. I'd hoped to have finished the piecing this morning but only got halfway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure