PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 16 February 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 16 February 2017 at 7:42AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Thursday 16 February 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, wet underfoot with lots of laying water but mild for the time of year. It rained really hard for ages last night, hoping it'll dry up a bit today. It's not raining now.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 still in his pit.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portion, individual dauphnoise potato, broc and mushrooms - wasn't my best effort. Don't know what we're having tonight, but I'll be heading into town first thing to visit the building society and bank, will go to the butchers. I need to do some proper meal planning.

Today will be the normal as I'm on days' off, washing, drying and ironing, shove the hoover round etc. I have a few jobs on the pc and household admin jobs to do too.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for starting us off nmlc, your dinner sounds fine to me.

It's a bit blustery out there this morning but fairly mild. Washing folded ready to be put away and DW emptied - why do plastic containers never dry in there?

Thanks for the offer LW, I managed to find a purple top in Asd@, not the dark purple it's supposed to be but purple all the same. I have a scarf with dark purple in so will wear that too.

Got all the floors hoovered and mopped last night and threw the duster round, I have a gathering of the staff at school tomorrow evening for a drink or three after the funeral, will do the bathrooms and the kitchen tonight.

Hope all the poorlies are feeling better, have a good day. Take care. XX
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lainey xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hope your cousin's OK RosyRed x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]nannywindow That's interesting, mr tru thinks he knows better too :D We had a living flame gas fire, no surround, it was just in the wall. It was condemned and thrown out a few years ago. We covered the hole with a piece of ply and put the sofa in front of it temporarily. Temporary somehow became permanent, we both hated it but now he's making a fuss about rearranging the room. I'm winning, because I'm right :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hester's blog is back :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm on my own today, all day, and I'm really looking forward to it. There's a lot that needs doing but I can't get on with it, we've come to a standstill. Things from the lounge are still spread around other rooms. I'm going to do a few loads of washing, sweep and hoover the areas I can reach then see what I can manage after that. Not much probably, but I'll feel better knowing I've made an effort :D

:beer:
    [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Seems a bit milder here today and yesterday afternoon we were all too hot at work ! bizarre weather !

Off to work today but at our other site I have not been there for months so hope I can remember what to do :rotfl:

My blender should arrive today, if so I will collect on the way home :j

Fish and chips tonight from the freezer so a nice easy meal, I will need to do a wash tonight too.

Thanks for the advice re the actifry, Im still pondering, I might wait until I see a good offer come up.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all

I'm another member of the not-sleeping-well club, went to bed at 10.20 and got off to sleep ok but woke every hour from 2.50am. Gave up at 6.47 and turned R4 on.

Am not allowed out to play today until I've finished my homework, as I have a college assignment to submit by tomorrow and it's only about 40% done :o Luckily it's not too complicated (learning styles and professional & personal development) so shouldn't be too onerous :p

Will be omelettes for lunch as we have a y/s egg glut and Christmas gift cheeses to use. Can't remember what's on the plan for tea though!

Will have to get up and feed the cat as she is trying successfully to annoy me by insinuating herself between me and my phone!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for the start NMLC. Enjoy your days off. Glad you found something suitable in purple CAMELOT. It's not a colour I ever wear either. Years ago I bought a purple dress and I don't know why as it made me look grey and ill! I've never worn purple since!

I could get used to these mild starts but I doubt we are out of the woods just yet! It was lovely to set off for town yesterday minus scarf, gloves etc in a bit of sunshine! Not best pleased with my hair cut this time. What was so difficult about cutting it just as she did last time!? Grr!

Shopping day today. Hopefully just Aldi but yet to compile my list. Despite my promises to live out of the freezers and cupboards stocks don't seem to be going down. I think stuff is breeding in there!

Day 1 of the "diet" went reasonably well and I stuck to my eating plan for the day. Yet to decide what today's eats will be but breakfast will again be Greek yoghurt and berries. Need to make sure I am well stocked with low carb stuff to avoid falling by the wayside!

The three DGDs are here for late tea and sleepover after their swimming/diving clubs. By special request it's sausages and bbq ribs. It will take all my willpower to keep my greedy mitts off those!

Have a good day and (HUGS) for the all the poorlies, sad and worried who want them. Don't try and do too much ELONA. LAINEY special thoughts for you. Take care all whatever you are up to xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 February 2017 at 8:46AM
    Options
    redruby - just also a thought about the actifry - a colleague of mine has the largest one and says it's great BUT if you have a family of 4 and you want to cook HM chips it doesn't hold enough for 4 people and they take 50 minutes to cook, you would need to do 2 batches - that's a long cooking time! Personally if it wasn't going to be big enough to cook for everyone at the same time or cook 2 batches quickly then it would be a deal breaker for me.

Hope you don't mind me giving my thoughts - but colleague at work finds it a bind too.

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,051 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 16 February 2017 at 8:46AM
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Back to howling wind outside again. There was a load of rain during the night here too though it looks dry now.

Floss - in my professional view learning styles are a load of manufactured and commercially driven tosh! The whole concept was a business idea, with no educational basis, dreamt up by a company (Dunn I think) and bought into by central government. Cost the country millions in fees to the company. Despite being heartily condemned by educationalists ( for example Coffield et al ) it still keeps popping up. It's like Japanese knotwood! :mad: it's so blooming annoying.

Sorry, end of rant.

Today i have another two hour teaching session with my group which I'm looking forward to for a change. Keep those fingers crossed.

Yesterday a neighbour called in, just the one this time, and he offered to give my living room a couple of coats of paint. There's two areas which have undergone changes so they are bare plaster with one bit worse than the other as it's just like that for the bottom half. I had been waiting for the builder to come back and do more invasive work (by the end of August last year) but can't wait any longer. It needs done.

No shopping needed, no washing needed either. :T

Happy Thursday to all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

Terrible night again, was reading on my IPad at 3 am, woke again at 7am. Will get up shortly.

Notvsurexwhat the weather is like, it should be fine. I hope so, have a load in the washer.

May be bak later.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone, thanks for the thread nmlc.

Another one here who had a rubbish nights sleep but no lying in bed allowed as need to clean DM's bungalow then, apart from handing keys back in, it will all be done.
    Another one here TA who needs to get back on the low carb eating, I tend to comfort eat so over the last few months a few pounds have crept back on which need to shift and have certainly lost some muscle tone with no riding :( So, time to get myself healthy & fit again and that's my goal for the next couple of months. My DOH has matched me pound for pound so we will have each other for support.
    Tonight we have a tuna and butter bean bake for tea, I have Mum's copy of the dairy book of family cooking and it's the first recipe have tried, have to say it sounds delicious.

Have a good day everyone and take care folks x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Damp here but not too chilly, the fish have been fed and my L&M has a cuppa.

I'm on the penultimate row of my DD's waistcoat ,I thought I would finish it yesterday but no, it is taking so long now to complete a round.
    I've been given some cotton yarn by a colleague so I will have a look at the pattern for octopi for preemies. I also want to crochet some lace circles to cover my portholes, oo err, sounds rude doesn't it.

Lots of phone calls to make today about the survey, getting the hull blacked as it hasn't been done since 2012 and getting the log burner checked etc.

If the survey goes ok we will decide on when we move exactly, I will post our itinerary and anyone near is welcome to come and wave, or visit.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills