Moderation and PPR's

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
2 replies 1.5K views
colinwcolinw Forumite
60K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Has the moderation on the forum been changed recently or the policy?. It is noticable in the Arms especially that a lot of long term posters have ended up PPR'd. The thing that concerns me is that the posters who are dissapearing are not what you would class as trouble makers, they seem to be the more interesting and thoughtful type who have contributed a lot to the forum in the past. I do wonder if they are being targetted by a reporting group operating on that part of the forum. Is it just the number of reports a poster gets that leads to them being PPR'd?. The problem is that due to type of poster being banned in the Arms at the moment the forum which used to be interesting and quite vibrant is becomming stale.

Replies

• joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's changed recently. It seems that posters get banned in batches now which leads me to believe the moderation is sporadic i.e. not being dealt with on a regular basis but more as and when they have time. And I'm sure the mods don't actually read the supposed offending posts, they just take the reports at face value, delete post, black mark against the offending poster. X amount of black marks = warning/Y.C......X amount of warnings/Y.C.s = PPR. And they don't look at who is reporting who :cool:
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • cbrown372cbrown372 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ this seems to be the case in the most recent ban as the post that someone objected to was made several days ago, post still there but not the poster.

Even sadder her 10k posts congrats thread has been locked and I'm sure no-one reported her posts about feeling ill. (Actually maybe not that sure)
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides